Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there's lots of posts about replacing/filling the mounts, but i'm not sure which ones they're talking about. there's four mounts:

- passenger side (top of engine)
- driver side (top of tranny)
- front roll stopper (under tranny)
- rear roll stopper (under tranny)

which are the ones that are replaced/filled with polyurethane? thx

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
all of them.

rear roll stopper being first choice/most important
then next of importance is the front roll stopper- these both fight against the engines natural tendancy to roll under load.

the side ones really dont need to be filled although if you just buy a set it will come with all 4.

·
Registered
47 Posts
yup, all of 'em. I filled the 4 with urethane and the car is riding like the Grand-Am cup car I used to work on... instead we were using nylon bushings ;)

Of course, if it's your daily driver you'll find it a bit rougher than what you were used to, since almost all the vibrations/movements of the engine will be transfered to the car's body.

Something else I was recommended to do is actually use hard plastic (or teflon) pieces to plug the mounts holes, and then fill the remaining gaps with urethane. This should improve stiffness a bit more.

Btw, there are some rubber flaps on each sides of the bushing. If you had to remove them when filling the mounts, don't forget to re-install em, as they damper some of the vibrations.

[Edited by Bjurr on Sep 29, 2004 8:01 AM]

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ive done this recently. Filled all four mounts with Devcon Flexane 94. Its brilliant stuff, could probably make 5 or even 6 mounts with the amount in the small size. Two of mine turned out great but the other two were a bit wrinkly due to the plastic wrap i used wasnt perfectly flat. Lots of vibration is transmitted and I was wondering what the hell was going on when i first started it up. There is a rubber primer that makes the polyurethane adhere to it better but i didnt bother.

http://www.devcon.com/devconfamilyproduct.cfm?familyid=148.0&catid=36

1 - 4 of 4 Posts