Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Strut Bars decrease chancing of twisting and turning in corners right?

Well would it matter if i put a strut bar on normal shocks?

·
Registered
453 Posts
according to a guy I know with stock suspension, it help "niticably"...

I dont have stock suspension, but my bar should be here any day now...

·
Registered
340 Posts
They help decrease body roll. Yes, they help noticeably. Of course the more components you upgrade the more drastic the improvement.

·
Registered
597 Posts
the various amounts of feedback that i had read lead me to think that bracing up the front of a stock suspended car and/or one with stock skinny rims/tires lead to increased understeer.

so even after I replaced my suspension I waited until I had wider rims & sticky meats to mount up my bar. but I did have to briefly go back to my poopy stock rims & tahrs while waiting for rear spacers - more than anything I noticed how reducing the chassis flex transmitted crappy road irregularity directly to the suspension even while driving a straight line.

that in itself will quickly highlight the limits of 'normal' suspension parts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
where do you guy suggest gettign it from. i have an 05 and i am looking into getting it and working on the car now that it is warming up

·
Registered
453 Posts
warming up? i guess your not living on the west coast...

you can get the same strut brace from kspec.com or evofusionusa.com. essentially the same price too...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Or you can make your own (I'm going to soon...I'm too cheap to buy it lol)...but it requires some welding and significant metalworking skills...not to mention it's more of a PITA, but oh well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
no, its a great idea. the only thing that i have changed is the wheels/tyres, all the suspension is stock and it makes heaps of difference in handling

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Only time you should need a realignment is if you change your ride height: ie lowering the car with springs or coil-overs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Strut Bar is very cheap very good upgrade. Flattens out the curves nicely. You will notice the diff.

Last thing, If you can't do a strut bar install in less than 30 minutes either
A) you got sent the wrong bar.
or
B) you dont belong within 10 miles of a wrench and your car's open hood

·
Registered
453 Posts
wow, I just got mine in and WOW!!! I though I might notice something, but even with my hard suspension I notice a decrease in roll... I need to get a rear bar to match...

[Edited by zeroindigo on Mar 13, 2006 4:49 PM]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts