cause ill have to make due with what i have

im buying a cold air intake
what else should i get?
i only want to bring it up to around 170 horses

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Let's put this in perspective. You want a 60% increase in power?:eek:

Get Nitrous (gets expensive fast to use on the street)
or
A bigger engine (Hyundai 2.0s are relatively cheap)
or
A turbo setup (you should be able to get roughly 100% increase without too much trouble, but it's the largest upfront cost of the three choices)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Let's put this in perspective. You want a 60% increase in power?:eek:

Get Nitrous (gets expensive fast to use on the street)
or
A bigger engine (Hyundai 2.0s are relatively cheap)
or
A turbo setup (you should be able to get roughly 100% increase without too much trouble, but it's the largest upfront cost of the three choices)
ditto^^^^^ you'll save money too if you figure out what you want first. if you decide to go boost dont waste mone on stupid CAI, headers or any little bolt ons like that. BBTB are good either way. Just really tghink about what you reall want..hell 150 in these little cars is quick!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok well

spray?
what exactly are you talking bout
and dads all like turbos will run your engine hot and make it break down

·
Registered
589 Posts
just be happy you have a new car and quit crying.:p get the cold air intake and be happy with the good gas mileage.
if you wanted a fast car you should have told your dad to shove it. unless he paid for it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
you wanna reach 170hp ouch!!!!youre gonna need a swap engine with turbo kit or supercharger with N2o.ask dad to pay you a better car before wasting money on it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
a turbo might run your engine hot but spray will just blow it up

·
Registered
453 Posts
Only drive downhill:)

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
a turbo might run your engine hot but spray will just blow it up

If you do dumb crap... yes. If you are smart about it. They have about an equal chance of blowing up the motor.

Running a dry shot with no increase in fuel = blown motor
Running 200 shot on a stock block = blown motor
Running a high shot on crap gas = blown motor

Running a turbo without fuel upgrades of any kind = blown motor
Running 200pds of boost on a stock block = blown motor
Running crap gas with boost = blown motor

... see what I am getting at? Both ways of adding power do the same thing. Add oxygen to the mix. They just go about it in a diffrent way.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you do dumb crap... yes. If you are smart about it. They have about an equal chance of blowing up the motor.

Running a dry shot with no increase in fuel = blown motor
Running 200 shot on a stock block = blown motor
Running a high shot on crap gas = blown motor

Running a turbo without fuel upgrades of any kind = blown motor
Running 200pds of boost on a stock block = blown motor
Running crap gas with boost = blown motor

... see what I am getting at? Both ways of adding power do the same thing. Add oxygen to the mix. They just go about it in a diffrent way.
Well said i have to fully agree with this either way of looking at it you want power you will have to put money down and to ensure no damages you got to upgrade your engine not just one thing, not to mention u got to be smart on how you use it and not abuse it.

if you want a good amount of power do a Betta II swap with a stage 1 turbo run it at about 10 psi with low compretion pistons and connection rods and you should be good for a while, a few things to do is a stage 2 clutch and do some research i dont know much on the 08 accents weather the tranny will bolt in like my lc2 or how much power the 08 can handle

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you seriously think that you are going to get a 60 hp increase on a naturally aspirated accent your crazy, a 60 hp increase on any motor that is naturally aspirated is hard if not impossible when dealing with 4 cyl, and you happen to have a very small 4 cyl.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Don't worry...that CAI will give you 60HP...while you're at it..put on a fart can to make another 100HP with sound effects. You'll be eating Porches in no time buddy.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I look at it in a different way. If you can't make your car faster you're better off getting them in the corners. Go for some light BUT stiff rims with good tires on them and a good coilover suspension set up like k-sport. Then to make sure you're getting all thepower to the ground get a stage 1 clutch and lightened flywheel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts