Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have done the following in responce to my braking issue:
1) New Rotors
2) New Pads
3) New Drums
4) New Shoes

. . . And I still have a pulsing brake pedal (Acompanied by a pulsed creaking noise from the rear). . . Any sugestions

96 Accent GL 1.5L SOHC . . .

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
. . . I must sound like a complete moron, but. . . Opps :eek: I'll try it

Thanks. . . . (Bangs head on desk)

·
Registered
737 Posts
most people associate brake pulsation with "warped" rotors. More often then not its caused by an uneven transfer layer of the brake pad material. If you replaced your rotors and pads this shouldn't be your problem because you are starting fresh.

Bleeding your brakes will help to get nice pedal feel and to get your old fluid out(which is a good idea anyway) but it won't cause pulsing.

After you bleed the brakes take your car out and do about 8-10 good 60-0 stops with very little time to cool to bed in the pads and then go drive it on a long stretch of highway to let them cool.

If you still have pulsation after bedding, check your slides and calipers to see if you have something binding up.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
did you "break in" the pads and rotors? Meaning, did you softly use them for the first 500 miles?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To my knowledge; too break in the brakes on any newer vehicle (post 1990) one would brake hard 4-5 times then continue further braking lightly over the first 100km or so (depending on driving conditions).. Pre-1990 brakes were broken in as you had mentioned. i.e. (light to moderate). . .

In any event that point is mote; I drive like an old man anyway.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts