Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the accent 5spd Transmission there are two cables that connect on the top to control which gear your in. On the end of those cables are rubber bushings (rubber inserts). Has anyone found a solution to them breaking or falling apart.

The ones I had on mine just crumbled apart when I took them off. I tried going to the local wrecker to get a pair but the three cars I tried to get them out of also crumbled.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried the dealer . . . . They wanted $250.00 for the set of cables . . . .Aparently there not replacable. . . .

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so how did they solve it.

I was thinking about just making a pair out of urathane ruber. . .? . . . .Thoughts?

·
Registered
596 Posts
When dealers say non-replaceable, i think bullshit...
Every park on a car apart from the chassis can be replaced...
Its just a matter of having the time and wanting to go to the effort...

While the rubber might no be replaceable you might be able to make up a little brass assembly that you can use in place of the rubber if you have access to a lathe and a clue about machining...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
464 Posts
Any chunk of rubber laying around is better than nothing. Think about carving a new one out of a test tube stopper (big test tube! ), a floormat, or maybe a chunk of old tire material or the sole of a shoe. I think there has to be some give in there, so a solid bushing may not be the way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts