Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, had my accent for almost a year now, finally getting around to improving the sound quality a little. Already have 5 1/4" Infinity Kappa's all around, with a 4-ch 400w pioneer amp powerin them, now onto a few subs to even everything out =) Picked up 2 10" Infinity 1030w (250w RMS, 1000w max, 4ohms) and now need an amp for them. Been looking around for a while, got a feel for a few, but nothings jumped at me yet. Gonna be wired in parallel for 2 ohm load, so looking for a mono amp ideally. So far considering 2 amps, either Alpine mrd-m301 (350W RMS at 2 ohms) or pioneer GM-D510M (600W x1 at 2 ohms, maybe little high). Any suggestions welcome, just looking to broaden my search, see what I can find.

Thanks all

·
Registered
453 Posts
I vote for the Alpine!!8D

Have you also considered Fosgate? They are also excellant amps.

[Edited by MADTIB on Sep 19, 2004 5:30 PM]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion, was taking a look at a few fosgates, just tryign to find something as close as possible to getting max rms, might as well =) Just looking at the PG xenon x400.1

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I think I've made my decision. Gonna go a step up and get the Alpine MRD-M500, so both subs getting 250w RMS, 500+W peak, and other attributes of the digital config of the amp will be quite helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts