Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the accent forum should be split or a new forum added for the LC/LC2 since there is such a difference between the LC and the X3. Whereas the X3 and the X2 have much more in common.
So, adding an Accent LC/LC2 forum and then moving all the 2000 and newer accent threads into this forum might help us keep things a bit clearer.
THX
Plat.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
We had kicked around the idea before. Right now the forums are already too fractured. We will revisit the idea probably when Rob is ready to unveil the new site.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Now thats a good idea....

·
Registered
270 Posts
The only problem with that is any most people are only going to look in the areas for their car so good information that is relevant to both may not be seen or responded to. However I have just started using the 'Active Topics' function which kind of gets around the problem so maybe we should start stressing the idea of using that function more for those who don't use it and for new members. I do support the idea just gotta find a good and easy way to get around this one problem.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I've always used active topics. It's a much easier way of sorting through new and old content. That function will improve with the next version of the site. Not to mention thread subscriptions and lots of sweet customizeable stuff.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, now that the new version is here, I still think it would be a good idea to separate the accent section into lc/lc2 and x2/x3.
I have to wade through so many lc issues to find anything about my/other x3s.
As for fracturizing, sure there are SOME cross issues, but I'm not sure that any info from the Tibs or Elantras are applicable to me.
I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful of those cars, hey I've seen some gorgeous tibs and 'lantras, I'm just saying that I'd like the topics to be just a bit more focused (and I don't mean the FORD :D )
THX
Plat.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I agree...that is a very good idea....might confuse people with the search function, but all in all a very good idea....

I say we have a vote...LOL

·
Registered
715 Posts
Jusy my 2 cents the X3/LC share alot more than the X2/X3 do. The X2 was Mitsu based and the X3/LC ar actual Hyundais.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I vote no, or to split up into these categories:

X2 Excel/Scoupe
X3
LC/LC2
MC

You can't forget the MC, it's a whole different animal than the LC/LC2 and while not too many people have them right now that will be entirely different in a year.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Ya keep the Accent section together, alot of the insight into the Xx models does pertain to the LC/LC2 models and possibly the MC, and vise versa.

·
Registered
621 Posts
at least separate the LC's models form the X-models by different sections.

in Australia the X models, X1-2-3 are Excels. LC's are accents.
it gets kinda confusing hearing some talk about X3 accents and stuff.

just my 2c.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts