Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a 2003 tiburon and im in need of some rubber(for my car)lol. anyway my dad is gonna buy me some, and im lost! so what should i get?
1. should i get a high performance tire? does that make a difference
2. what make for summer tires are reccomended?
i have hankook radials right now and am very pleased. my thoughts were hankook again, yokohama, or bfgoodrich. whatcha guys think?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Personally...

I love the BFG G-force KDW2's. I've used the G-force Sports and the KDW tires and they're just phenominal. Great street use, grip and they're not that bad on the budget. PLUS, they have an awesome tread design.

I live in Alaska, so I dont know what kind of weather is normally in OK, but I'm going to assume mostly dry with very nominal snow. So, these tires are goign to last you a good 20K miles easy.

Howie~

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2003 V6 and run BSA 17x7 rims with Toyo Proxes and they handle like a totally diff car turn 90 degree corners like a vett they would throw you out the window before they sliped amazing grip and handleing!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
I personally love my Toyo Proxy4 tires...they're low pros so not sure if the exact ones will fit (i have a 97 Tib) but i love them cuz not only are they low pros but they're mud and snow tires so I have no problem in different conditions...except ice...but who doesnt! but i have gone up to the mountains for the past two years and have never had a problem with sliding or slipping in the snow!! Hope that helps!!:D

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Yes, getting high performance tires makes a difference. People all have their favorites and in reality pretty much anyone's suggestions are a fine place to start.

Here the weather kind of sucks so I run 3 season tires plus winter tires. Couldn't be happier. I sacrifice a small amount of maximum traction on dry pavement, but only a small amount.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Iam with 97redtib on this one! I have a 2003 tib GSR and last summer put 215/45/17's Toyo Proxy's on and couldn't beleave the differance in the handleing these tires rock big time best tires I think I have ever owened on any of my cars!!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Iam with 97redtib on this one! I have a 2003 tib GSR and last summer put 215/45/17's Toyo Proxy's on and couldn't beleave the differance in the handleing these tires rock big time best tires I think I have ever owened on any of my cars!!
Yay!! For Toyos!! LOL!!:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
i would suggest running somthing like the falken rt-615 they are by far the cheapest tire that will hold up to weekend track abuse and daily driving without too much comprimise in wet handling

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I need to get a good highway tire for my car, I travel a lot on the freeways to and from work. Does anyone know of any?

·
Registered
256 Posts
if you really don't push you car all the time and like you said you drive on the highway alot i would say somthing like the yokohama es100 or mabey the kumho ecsta ast

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.