Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright fellow hyundai'ans i have a subscription to popular science magazine ana usually they do a good job at keeping out crappy mag ads.
anyways i saw an advertisement for a spark plug that generates 1,000,000 watts in its spark without anything else compared to 50 watts on a normal plug. its getting to be that time for a new set on my car but i thought id ask before even thinking about getting some.
the website is pulstarplug.com let me know if any of you have heard about em. good or bad thanks

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
it's absolute rubbish..
don't waste your money on such gimmicky plugs..

stupid companies will always brag about it's so called features like that but in reality, they don't improve the car's performance in any way..

stay away from nology hotwires too.they're junk..without a aftermarket ignition system

stay away from bosch pat plugs, E3 Plugs or whatever ad you see in the magazine about spark plugs..

if you need good plugs for the money..get some Cheap NGK Copper plugs..theyr'e about 2-3 bucks a plug and work for a long time.

NGK is usually original equipment on new car's especially hyundai and many other japanese cars.

·
Registered
502 Posts
yeah the most a better plug will do is be more conductive if there isn't the right energy flowing though it then it will never put out that much.

there are a hell of a lot of scams being played like that even on tuner magazines.
Import Tuner is a nice example, they talk about pro tuning and turbo's and such, but when you look on the back there is an ad for a scam called turbonator.
turbonator is a small peice of a tube that is cut to look like it will spin air lol, but actually plays as an air restriction.
ebay you also find a bunch.
"fuel ionizers" magnets , "performance chips" 3cent transistors, "electric superchargers" 12v fans, and much more.

just make sure you always know what your getting before you get it.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
MetalShark said:
NGK plugs are cheaper then that, and yeah the most a better plug will do is be more conductive if there isn't the right energy flowing though it then it will never put out that much.

there are a hell of a lot of scams being played like that even on tuner magazines.
Import Tuner is a nice example, they talk about pro tuning and turbo's and such, but when you look on the back there is an ad for a scam called turbonator.
turbonator is a small peice of a tube that is cut to look like it will spin air lol, but actually plays as an air restriction.
ebay you also find a bunch.
"fuel ionizers" magnets , "performance chips" 3cent transistors, "electric superchargers" 12v fans, and much more.

just make sure you always know what your getting before you get it.
importtuner wouldn't refuse a fat check from the idiot's at turbonator..such a undignifying move from a car tuning magazine..

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
1,000,000 watts eh?
YouTube - 1,000,000 watts!
New Page 1

watts = amps X volts

so...

1 mega watt = 83,333amps and 12 volts
Holly crap don't touch that thing.. takes less than 2 amps to kill you

oh wait.. the spark plugs have a coil.. so
1 mega watt= 40,000 volts X 25 amps

riiigghhhttt.. your wall outlet = 120vlts (ac) X 10amps
(Howstuffworks "Spark Plug")

and 1 megawatt at each plug?? LOL. Who would trust a company making an electrical part that doesn't understand basic electronics? Had they said 1,000,000 volts.... eh.. maybe if they put a coil inside of the plug. Then you would have

1,000,000volts and .0000001 amps. lol (i didn't do any math on that one)

·
Registered
502 Posts
TAK82 said:
importtuner wouldn't refuse a fat check from the idiot's at turbonator..such a undignifying move from a car tuning magazine..
funniest part of that ad was that it had a huge picture of a tiger on it.
like WTF does a tiger have to do with that overpriced ruined pipe anyway.

unless they get the tiger to ruin the pipes for them.

lol

·
Registered
502 Posts
actually while researching this item I found out that sparkplugs.com sells them. it looks like theis plugs are the most expensive like $30.
they are Under the Ultimate/Racing Class

I'm beginning to wonder.

"Pulstar Plugs look like and fit into your engine like a spark plug. But, internally, Pulstar is very different, incorporating a pulse circuit no other plug has. This powerful pulse of power delivers up to 1 Million watts of peak power, whereas spark plugs typically deliver 50 watts of peak power. Pulstar Plugs generate a much larger spark, at twice the speed of spark plugs. This faster ignition generates more pressure in the cylinder, in turn creating more torque in the crankshaft, more liveliness in the throttle and more power to the wheels. If this extra torque is not used for increased power and acceleration, the engine will do less work with less effort, thus increasing fuel economy. When you see and feel how Pulstar Plugs works compared to spark plugs, you too will be convinced that this technological breakthrough will change your driving experience."

100,000 watts = 80999.8623 amps still a crazy ass number

·
Registered
502 Posts
the poor guys who made the plugs used all their brain making the plugs their brains broke during the time they wrote the ads.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thx for the help guys. ill stick with the iridiums.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Remember also:

Watts x 0.00134 = horsepower

1,000,000 x 0.00134 = 1,340hp

Wow, these spark plugs make well over 13 times more power than my engine!!!!

Magical sparkplugs FTL.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ngk or another brand? i have "connections" with former fellow employees that work in the napa distribution center around here. i can pretty much get any kind i want for cheap. so whats the absolute best for my little 1.6?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
It makes sense now they are infused with anti matter!

Nah man screw turbonator, get the magnetic fuel saver.

I wish some disgruntled customer goes postal on one of these bs companies.

1 million volts isn't that much.
I use these.

http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Hey Ryanolson, is that the MSD 10000000000000? lol!

This guy bought the magical pulse plugs for his Getz and look what happened:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts