Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO HAS ANYONE HEARD OF ANYONE SUPERCHARGING THE NEW 2006 SONATA W/ THE 3.3L V6? I HAVE HEARD THIS IS A HYUNDAI DESIGNED ENGINE OR IS THIS ENGINE MANF BY ANOTHER COMPANY? IF SO WHAT PARTS WILL INTERCHANGE?

:puzzled:

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
No not yet and stop posting in caps..that is thought rude and obnoxious.

wit the NF sonata Still new to the hyundai tuning community..performance part's are not availabe YET..only a few body effect kits.

and the V6 NF Sonata is quick already from the factory..0-60 in 6.6 seconds.

[Edited by TAK82 on Nov 16, 2005 7:30 PM]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx guys sorry about the caps just trying to find out some info on parts. the sonata os fast but could always have more. :devious:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The most info you'd get is from your thread on my forum:
http://www.sonataspeed.com/yabbse/index.php?board=51;action=display;threadid=3216

Doubt there'd be anything else here...

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i am though confident that the lambda an the theta will make tuner's interested
and i'm sure turbo and supercharer's WILL be available..

the delta and the beta were examples of fine hyundai engineering.

i'm anticipating the theta's potential....

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
With that being said, I would like to comment on this. The Lamda engine seems like it is going to be the one that every company has and expands throughout its lineup. We are expecting to see it as one of the engines offered in the new Santa Fe and with no doubt in my mind, fabricated for the tiburon and its sporty nature. We already see it posting great times in the Sonata. So fart 6.6 0-60 is the fastest I have seen by car magazines...I believe it was from C&D. Put in a car that weighs around 3540lbs...imagine what it will do for the tib. And as soon as it gets into the tib you can expect probably a good amount of aftermarket parts that are interchangable just as they were in the Delta lineup series. I can't wait...:evil:

·
Registered
108 Posts
to my knowledge the 3.3 engine has taken little pieces from mercedes benz.. a good example is the oil filter its just like how benz makes theres.. hyundai did a great job in my opionto make a flagship car in the usa.. as far as 0 -60 in 6.6 thats not happen at all
so far i have only 4000 miles on my auto 3.3 sonata. i raced a hooked up sicon coupe the nice looking one i forget the model number it was stick and i could not leave it with the sonata. i had probably about lil less than a half car lead on it and i was def flooring the sonata..
i'm expecting big things with the azera with tthe 3.8 engine if your courious how the perfromance is on that car test drive the new elcipse the hush around the hyundai community is that the engines are identical and will be used for hyundai new flagship..
if im mistaken please someone correct me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts