Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen people install REAL Superchargers into their stock accent engines, but I have never been able to find even one place selling a supercharger for an accent.

please somebody explain/help/enlighten me. thx

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Ebay buy one for a different car and adapt it to the Accent...

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
CAPA used to sell two different kits for Accents, based out of Australia. That was several years ago, I doubt there's anything now. Best bet for home-made is still a turbo.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
still looking for one if anybody has any ideas. I'm not one to be doing custom work to my car.
Super Chargers seem less expensive then a turbo kit. last accent supercharger kit sold on this site was like $ 600
and I think thats the best price for one.
just turbo header and downpipe alone will ad up to 950 plus shipping

·
Registered
686 Posts
$600? thats too cheap to be a decent supercharger

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
custom or does the company make them?

·
Registered
315 Posts
it is very hard to say because this guy have made few s/c kit and he is makeing me exact same kit so its kind of custom/bolt on haha

·
Registered
163 Posts
you can pick up a supercharger from a grand prix, buick, bonnie, for like less than 200 bucks. You need to upgrade injectors, get an super afc, make brackets, and a manifold for the supercharger, and measure up for a belt, and you got 30-40 extra whp.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
K-Spec_Accent said:
you can pick up a supercharger from a grand prix, buick, bonnie, for like less than 200 bucks. You need to upgrade injectors, get an super afc, make brackets, and a manifold for the supercharger, and measure up for a belt, and you got 30-40 extra whp.
wow that sound really cheap.:D

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
The most crititcal parts are the mounting plate and the inlet flange

I'ma have to contact o2slpr and ask if he'll make a mounting plate and custom inlet flange for us.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that would be super cool let me know the price when he eventually tells you ;)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
the kit that he sells removes power steering and then puts the supercharger directly above your exhaust manifold. the supercharger already heats up the air a shitload and on top of that its above the hottest part of the engine... think about it. the kind you need is the one that replaces the intake manifold.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I already know that because if it were anywhere els it would take a lot more custom work. and custom work is expensive.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
yeah, power steering is bye bye, parasitic drag is also reduced with deletion of P/S but also gained immensly when the supercharger is added

but i'm used to it, even with p/S..my sport steering wheel is a bitch to turn when stopped and turning is a workout

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm just super weird so I kinda like it being a work out. :D
even at work I go straight to the heaviest things, I'm crazy like that.
Not to mention I like the feel of my car with it being 100 pounds lighter, and no parasitic drag. I just need to find the time to take out the P/S :(

If you might be wondering yes my mom thinks I'm crazy, and my girl calls me weird.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts