Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

Supercharger x ECU question

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  WytchDctr 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I´m thinking about going supercharger. Mechanical question (instalation of supercharger, fuel pressure, etc.) I have answered. But I don´t know what stock ECU will say on boost. My car has no MAP or MAF sensor. I have only Intake Air Temperature sensor in my car. So can I instal superchager and driving or I will have problems with engine management??

http://www.do-skoly.wz.cz/Obr/P1280134.JPG

It´s my engine. You can see that are not sensor between airbox and intake manifold. In this time my engine looks different, but important thinks (hose from air filter to throttle body is the same).

#2 ·
year make and model of the engine im looking at?

#5 ·
Even with that year of car, running boost with a ECU set for a N/A mapping likely will cause problems. Normally, the ecu advances timing as the rpm rises. With a boosted engine, you don't want the engine to have the timing advancing as far.

You need to consider the additional fuel requirements, which the ECU likely won't be able to compensate for as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.