Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 02 lantra 2.0 and was wondering how would 8psi from a eaton supercharger give me with 140hp stock?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm just curious, but what kind of gas mileage drop can one expect when adding a supercharger to this vehicle?

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very nice. :D

One of these days. :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
oh and depending on your driving, if you stay out of boost (low rpms) you mileage shouldnt drop much at all, but we all know when u got boost we're gonna push it lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
oh and depending on your driving, if you stay out of boost (low rpms) you mileage shouldnt drop much at all, but we all know when u got boost we're gonna push it lol
I really do miss that rush with a turbo charged car. It lags a tiny bit at first as it's spooling then zzzooooommmm. Of course, I dont think you get that lag with a super charger (cause it's always spinning) but I had a twin turbo. Stealth. Gas prices forced me to sell it two years ago. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya I know but if you put a thinker headgasket on and sturdy valve parts, you can tune your computer to get over 500 horsepower with your beta engine. you can probilly get 8s on the track

·
Registered
686 Posts
ya I know but if you put a thinker headgasket on and sturdy valve parts, you can tune your computer to get over 500 horsepower with your beta engine. you can probilly get 8s on the track
if you convert it to rwd maybe.....

hell i think the fastest beta engine ran a 9 second and it was awd.

fwd is really really REALLY hard to break past that 10 second mark.

·
Registered
237 Posts
if you convert it to rwd maybe.....

hell i think the fastest beta engine ran a 9 second and it was awd.

fwd is really really REALLY hard to break past that 10 second mark.
There are like 20 beta swapped accents (Turboed) in peurto rico that run 9's all of em FWD.
Yamaha is on his way to 500 horses at the front wheels in his RD tib.

My point is if you want big numbers and fast times go turbo. If you want your elantra to have some pep in it's step get the Supercharger. There are 2 kits for sale on elantra xd dot com right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts