Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks!

Hoping someone can help me out here. Gotta Tiberon that surges when accelerating from a stop in first gear only. Does it slightly in second, but most noticeable in 1st. It's a 2000 Tiberon, and has also thrown the check engine light. Anyone know where I should start looking, or where I can find a list of trouble codes for these things? I;; cave to go buy a code reader later today.

·
Registered
301 Posts
how many miles/kilometers do you have on it and have you replaced your clutch?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am actually having this exact issue... I was way over due for a tune up, so I replaced my spark plugs, and even my O2 sensor, but it is still doing it. My "Check Engine" light is also still on. I am not sure what you mean by "check your ISC". Could you clarify?

Also, when I first got my car, I ran out of gas and the computer got a little screwy and was I had to take it to the dealership to have them reset it. Is it possible that I simply need to do this? If so, is that possible without taking it to the dealership?

I appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
158 Posts
AutoZone & other parts stores will check your codes for free. They can tell you the code and reset the engine light. Go to HMAservice.com to find out what code means and go from there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just got the same problem, on a 2001 2.0L Tib, 92K miles, stick.

My car was surging in 1st and 2nd last week. Today it was running fine, but it threw a check engine light that won't go off. Funny thing is now my car is running better than ever. Bad oxygen sensor? I know it's not the plugs since I replaced them 2 weeks ago.

I was going to take it to the dealer eventually to service the seat belt and exhaust manifold recalls. They also mentioned something about a timing belt, but I talked to my usual mechanic and he told me that's just what they tell you to replace so they can rip you off, timing belt should be good for the life of my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts