Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i've got a '06 Elantra, and out here driving around the lake and creek in Pinetop, AZ, my car scrapes the ground something terrible. It would be great to take my girl to the river and not have to worry about my oil pan busting open. Anyone have some pointers?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I know!

Get an offroad rig! Don't use an econobox to go mild offroading! That's somewhat... impractical. That's what Jeeps and most 4x4's are made for!

howie~

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
well i'm not going to buy a new car just so i can go to the lake worry free.. I think that would be even more.. impractical. However, this doesn't answer my question... when i'm 20 mins away, i go there quite a lot.. I'll be the judge of it's practallity if you don't mind.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
He was just joking around. I think K-Sport coilovers, which are mostly for lowering, also let you lift it 1", at least I believe that's what i've heard.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Personally,

I've never seen it done. I dont even know if it's possible to put a body lift in an Elantra and I dont know if any lift kits can be custom fabicrated into the Elantra. I'm sure it could be done, but a 4" lift alone for a Jeep costs at least 800 for a generic brand for parts alone.

Howie~

P.S. Is this a joke?

·
Registered
187 Posts
LOL sounds like he wants a dunk haha! Sorry bro dont mean 2 talk crap but really that would not look good at all i no maybe u dont care about looks but ur ride quality might suffer also just a thought

·
Registered
687 Posts
Well...

Tires aren't really the issue here... It's clearance. He can't put on anything that'll put his total wheel + tire radius above 20" and not have rubbing issues on an Elantra w/out suspension modifications. Even with the Ksports, they'll probably only increase the ride height by what? 1-1.5 inches? Increasing the stiffness would ruin the comfort of the ride.

Howie~

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I honestly don't think you need a lift. My accent is lowered about 1.5" and i go up to the mountains a lot and take some pretty rough trails out to campgrounds. all the guys in their big trucks always ask "you got in here with that???" you just have to take it slow and avoid large obstacles and pits...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts