Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site but have been looking around for a while. Just have a question about some different sway bars. It seems that whiteline seems to be stiffest from what I've seen on this site, but I cant seem to find anything that suggests that it would fit on an 06 accent. I'm also wondering how the shark racing swaybars compare. I can only find up to an 05 on that site as well. Is the 05 and 06 accents that different? they look the same to me, but what do I know, I'm new. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
737 Posts
hyundaifire said:
I'm new to this site but have been looking around for a while. Just have a question about some different sway bars. It seems that whiteline seems to be stiffest from what I've seen on this site, but I cant seem to find anything that suggests that it would fit on an 06 accent. I'm also wondering how the shark racing swaybars compare. I can only find up to an 05 on that site as well. Is the 05 and 06 accents that different? they look the same to me, but what do I know, I'm new. Thanks for any help.
the 06 accents use a new suspension and the older model parts(00-05) do not work on the new model.
the rear suspension uses a torsion beam or as I like to call it, a solid rear axle on a front wheel drive car(technically semi-independent). A step in the wrong direction in my opinion.

With that said, your model doesn't have a rear sway bar, since your suspension is already connected to itself side to side it has no use for one. I usually don't suggest front sway bars because they usually result in more understeer on front wheel drive cars that have small rear bars or none at all.

It looks like your stuck with upgrading your shocks and struts and getting some good quality springs, if these are even available yet.

Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I had a closer look at my rear suspension and lo and behold there is a sway bar. When I looked inside the door for the vehicle info is was manufactured in 2005, so I suppose that means that I have an 05. So with that in mind, any suggestions on which is a better sway bar? The whiteline or the shark racing. Also, where would I find said items. I live in Canada just north of Toronto. As a side note, I'm looking at the eibach lowering springs as I dont want to go too low. There is a lot of snow here in the winter. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just put in Eibach springs with Koni strut inserts and I am VERY happy with the results. The car corners a lot faster and the ride is not harsh. If you go too stiff on the springs bumps can really upset the directional stability of the car. I installed a polyurethane bushing set on the rear bar and loosened the links on the front bar a little so that the rubber was not compressed as much. This really helped get rid of the under steer for very little $$$.

·
Registered
737 Posts
hyundaifire said:
well I had a closer look at my rear suspension and lo and behold there is a sway bar. When I looked inside the door for the vehicle info is was manufactured in 2005, so I suppose that means that I have an 05. So with that in mind, any suggestions on which is a better sway bar? The whiteline or the shark racing. Also, where would I find said items. I live in Canada just north of Toronto. As a side note, I'm looking at the eibach lowering springs as I dont want to go too low. There is a lot of snow here in the winter. Thanks for any help.
if you have the newer body style accent (mc) then your suspension is different than the lc/lc2 which uses struts in the rear. If you do have an lc2 i'd suggest the whiteline adjustable rear bar if you can find one. I'd do the obvious first and change out springs and struts because that will tend to make the most obvious change. The rear sway bar is a good fine tuning tool to change the balance of the car. I run mine on full stiff all the time because on an autocross course I like a good amount of oversteer under braking to help get me setup for the next turn. This is unerving to some people but with experience it works well. Try out some springs and struts and see how the car feels. If it doesn't suit your driving then i'd try out a rear bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts