Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In January I installed whiteline rear sway bar. All winter it's been fine no problems. Just now that it's getting warmer i'm noticing that my rear suspension is squeaking everytime i hit something that makes my suspension compress a lot such as a speedbump. The car is under warranty but i'm worried since i put that sway bar on they'll blame it on that. I don't really feel like putting the stock one back.

What do you guys think/suggest. I think it's my strut mounts and have nothing to do with the sway bar but want some opinions.

Thank you!

·
Registered
453 Posts
It's not that hard to fix. The poly bushings installed with the whiteline swaybar tend to squeak. Just take a little white lithium grease and reaply on the bushings. Which means you'll have to take the rear sway bar mounts off (to gain access to the bushings):) If I remeber correctly I had a bunch of that grease left after the initial install. So you might also.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright I was afraid of that. Oh well thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just thought I'd follow up and say that fixed the problem. Thank you again

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alight so I greased up my bushings and that fixed it for a week or so but now the problem is back. The right side is squeaking again. I'll re-grease the bushings I suppose. any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts