Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the new accent (2006) is equipped with rear disc brakes. I'm hearing noise out of my rear drums and am wondering if I could put the new disc on the rear and if so should I try with the new rear disc from the 2006 model or use front disc from my year which is 2002?? Any suggestions would help.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a 2004 and would like to get discs on the rear of mine too....however I'm just about as informed as you are...there's an older post with a how-to on switching to Tiburon brakes if you're interested in that...might have some more info....otherwise I'd like to know more on the same questions you asked

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
i'd be interested as well for my LC, we have been wanting these rear disc brakes for a long time, i hope that this swap can be done, someone might know soon????

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Interesting topic..I'm all ear's for a 4-wheel disc conversion for my LC also,

however about the tiburon brake swap..that's only possible on the previous eneration Accent's.."X3" since they share the same lug pattern as the RD series Tiburons

I'm not sure if the new accent share's any part's with the LC Accent..but if the hub size's are same as the hubs of the LC..there may be a possibility.

frankly speaking..hyundai went for quality and cost cutting over performance over this new accent..

it's the first accent to have a less than appealing leaf axle rear suspension..
and it's acceleration is no better than than the alpha 2 with a manual

it's the Crappy nissan B14's of the hyundai's.,if you get my drift.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealership said it was impossible to use either the new rear discs from the 06 or use the fronts from my year - 02 - said it has to do with the setup. So now am replacing the drums. ugh

·
Registered
453 Posts
dealers are liars, and hyundai svc dpts are lacking in knowlege as well... I think once they come out someone will try the swap and then we'll know....

·
Registered
386 Posts
It won't work.
The 2006 has Torsion Beams w/coil springs( like the VW or older Integras )

It doesn't use a Macpherson Strut

So i think the spindle setup will be different.
Regardless it's bolt pattern.

DOES THAT MEAN THE STOCK ACCENT 2006 CAN ADJUST IT"S RIDE HEIGHT FOR FREE?! (for the back only though... )

·
Registered
886 Posts
Orginally posted by bearrx7[body]The dealership said it was impossible to use either the new rear discs from the 06 or use the fronts from my year - 02 - said it has to do with the setup. So now am replacing the drums. ugh
[/body]
Nothing is impossible all you need is money and an idea more money then idea, there is a reason they are working at a Hyundai dealship and not a performance shop.

·
Registered
311 Posts
or you could try reading the 'sticky' at the top of the 'brakes & suspension' forum that shows you how to do it on an LC...:dead:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts