Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about swapping a 4 cylinder into my V6. I know the motor mounts are the same but what all as far as ECU/transmission computer/wiring would I have to do? Obviously I would have a shop install the engine itself, but want to buy the parts myself. However, if it's too ridiculous, then of course I would steer clear of this task. Any suggestions? Comments? or otherwise.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Why do that? a V6 is much stronger than a poor 4cyl

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well the 2.0 has a strong bottom end that can take well over 300WHp on stock internals
If your project is turbo charging go for it
But IMO your better off selling the car or exchange it for a 4Cyl model
You could even have some money back

Just a quick question for you guys aren't transmissions the same for V6 and L4
I saw some KDM guys with L4 and 6 speeds

·
Registered
256 Posts
i know that the nissan 2.5 4cyl shares the 6 speed transmission but i am not sure about a direct bolt on

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
4 cylinder 5 speed tranny is different from either of the V6 trannies. I'd keep the V6 if i were you. in the end 2 more cylinders help out in various ways. stock V6 have held up to 350 whp just fine with the proper tuning anyway. but i wouldnt suggest a down grade withing the same car (meaning if you are set on an I4 then trade in your V6). good luck

·
Registered
447 Posts
i dont know much bout the v6's or the car in general cuz im new but i like the 4 banger ( i dont have much of opinion the car has been in my possesion for only 3 days lol)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Keep the V6 get the Alpine or the NGM turbo and go beat up on some SRT4's. The abundance of torque you will have in the low and midrange will make you forget all about that little and i mean little bit of hp up top.

[Edited by f16jim on Mar 8, 2006 5:13 PM]

[Edited by f16jim on Mar 8, 2006 5:14 PM]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts