Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys and Gals, I have a 1996 Hyundai Accent that is manual everything, doors, windows, mirrors and I basically want to switch it all to power....Can anyone shed some light on what I will be needing to start this task...Any help is much appreciated
Thanks y'all............

·
Registered
687 Posts
Honestly...

It's just easier, cheaper and way way more economical to go to your nearest junkyard and buy the doors off another Accent. Then, buy the connectors and wire them in to the power source.

Howie~

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...That was the plan

Asian_907 said:
Honestly...

It's just easier, cheaper and way way more economical to go to your nearest junkyard and buy the doors off another Accent. Then, buy the connectors and wire them in to the power source.

Howie~

Thanks for the response, and Honestly that is what I had thought would be the best procedure and i have been searching for the doors But, I was really unsure what followed after getting the doors..........Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
737 Posts
I converted mine to power locks and power windows using an aftermarket kit which might be an easier solution than replacing doors.

My power window kit came with the the motors, switches, relays, and window crank adapters. It was a simple install. The power door lock kit was tied into the alarm(which doesn't work anymore) but was significantly harder to wire up.

·
Registered
453 Posts
If you decide to get doors out of the junkyard. I would just shave the door handles and install poppers insted of power locks. Since you'd have to repaint the doors anyway. Or just buy door poppers and disable the outer door handle. I'm think about shaving my door handles. It's not that hard.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts