Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shark Racing
this is kind of a kool key. good if you have a few bucks to spend. Anyone know how to tell if i have an immobilizer chip in my key? I think i do. 2006 Accent. I might buy one maybe we can get it cheap if we get a few people in on it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
couple things about those. you can tell if you have an immobiliser if there is a section of the key handle that looks like it was once open to put something in. apparently you can by-pass this by taping the immobiliser key next to the ignition since it is a proximity device.

i bought the switchblade key and was very disappointed. first off, the guy at home depot told me he couldn't cut the key because it was the wrong key. it wasn't, he was just a twat, i could have done it myself. but he did it, and ****ed up so i had to stick my key like half way in and wiggle it a bit to get it to catch the tumblers. second, in order to secure the key into the switchblade mechanism (it comes disassembled) i found that i had to slightly pull the switchblade part apart which required me to unscrew it a bit.

because i did this, it never fully closed or sprung open correctly, so i used it for a week and it fell to pieces and is now siting on my nightstand collecting dust.

just my experience

·
Registered
463 Posts
VW has made this type of key for yearrsss! Howevr its kinda fun to play with. I'd want one! lol

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
yeah except VWs are probably mde by professionals, and supported by VW, if they aren't made by VW themselves.

SRs are made by malnourished chinese girls in a sweatshop

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Ereeves, Thats the info I was looking for. You just saved me 40$. My GF had a VW Golf with the switchblad key, it was addictive. I guess simple minds just like to play with buttons. Hey Busy squirrel do you have a link for where you bought yours. I will do another search on the forums anyway see if i can find it. Thanks guys

·
Registered
463 Posts
liveD said:
Thank you Ereeves, Thats the info I was looking for. You just saved me 40$. My GF had a VW Golf with the switchblad key, it was addictive. I guess simple minds just like to play with buttons. Hey Busy squirrel do you have a link for where you bought yours. I will do another search on the forums anyway see if i can find it. Thanks guys

haha its true! i effin love the thing, i could play for hours... thats sad!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
ereeves116 said:
SRs are made by malnourished chinese girls in a sweatshop
lol...risky but i love it

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
liveD said:
Hey Busy squirrel do you have a link for where you bought yours.
I bought it here. There was a GB, I'd say, at least a year ago. I know Atrimble2001 and 187sks got ones as well. There were like 35 of them. Mine's in my glove box I think, but I don't have a camera here at work.

They were kinda figure 8 shape mixed with a kidney bean shape. It's fun, but I was too lazy to ever get it cut.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
busy_squirrel said:
I bought it here. There was a GB, I'd say, at least a year ago. I know Atrimble2001 and 187sks got ones as well. There were like 35 of them. Mine's in my glove box I think, but I don't have a camera here at work.

They were kinda figure 8 shape mixed with a kidney bean shape. It's fun, but I was too lazy to ever get it cut.
wanna sell it?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
drtygurl said:
VW has made this type of key for yearrsss! Howevr its kinda fun to play with. I'd want one! lol
actually, VW just buy's these key's and put their own logo on it, the switchblade key's are made by a third party parts supplier..

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
TAK82 said:
actually, VW just buy's these key's and put their own logo on it, the switchblade key's are made by a third party parts supplier..
well it's a better supplier than the ones from SR

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
whatever, i just may buy a pair..add some spruce to my Beta accent

it's bound to cause confusion when they're lookin for my car..."now where's that Volkswagen"!!??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts