Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*If you want to install a tach in an lc there are several posts on how to connect to the ECU.* * this is a way that doesn't work*
-I got the wiring schematic from all data and traced the tach signal wire to the M1 connector (located behind the temp gage if you DON'T have a tach). It would be pin#6 which is in the middle of the connector. Unfortunately if you have an analog odometer pin 6 is empty.
-in a couple weeks i will look for the wire off the ECU and crimp it there. then I will take pictures and post on my cardomain site since i couldn't find pics of a tach install myself.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow

wow my avatar is old i need a new one!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
you do know that you can just swap in a cluster that has a tach in it ? I have a spare one if you'd like.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
If you wanted to you could pay shipping on it, I could send you the cluster, and if it doesn't work, you owe me nothing. If it does work, you could throw some money my way. it's just taking up closet space for me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the offer but since i already have already bought an autometer tach i'll just use it. All i need to do is get my fluke and find the tach signal from the ecu.
-if any body has pics please post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts