Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an Autometer tach for my 2002 Hyundai Accent as it never had one (5spd with no tach, wtf?). I took it to a fairly professional tuner shop and of course they connected the negative wires to the coils, which although i didnt know this at the time, only gives half of a signal. The shop was paid because I know them well and they did their job correctly as this method should work on most cars. I need to know exactly which wire or which spot I must connect the negative wire from the tach because they will correct the problem. I did research on this site but only found instructions for 2003 and previous gen models. Some people said to use a gray wire, and some said to use a green/yellow wire, none of which the shop could find under my dash. Where is this wire located? A direct wiring diagram would be extremely helpful although I couldnt find one in the online service manual. I need fairly specific instructions because they would be doing the work and without something to work with, nothing can be done. Major thanks to anyone who can help as I am driving around with a tach that only read up to 3000rpm.

[Edited by dmitriylm on Sep 28, 2004 10:34 AM]

[Edited by dmitriylm on Sep 28, 2004 10:36 AM]

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
same thing they did to me when i had an aftermarket tach, its very simple to hook it up behind your cluster, forget connecting it to the ecu its so simple behind the speed cluster. Take the 2 screws out the black cover thing on the front then theres 2 clips holding it it so just pop it out, then take the 4 screws off the cluster then take it out. Then take the harness's off the cluster, the first harness on the left has a couple wires, connect the signal wire from your tach usally is green to the solid gray wire then put everything back together. I got tired of the big tach so i just bought a cluster with a tach and its all plug and play and i put my old miles back on the new one with just 2 screws. Just ask me if you have any problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts