Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 accent with out the tach, so i bought an autometer one everything has gone fine except for the RPM signal wire. Before everybody tells me to search I already did and found that it hooks up to Pin #47 which i guess is suppose to be white but sombody said something about it being brown with a white stripe. Any ways long story short i tapped in to every white wire in the ecu wireing harness and nothing happend except for one wire in which case i ony got half a reading. I called the local shop and they said it would be $130 dollers 50 for a tach adapter and $80 dollers a hour. So could some body please tell me what im doing wrong any info im sure would be more than usefull.
Thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have a factory tach on mine, so I ahven't has to deal with this one. I do remember some guys having to set aftermarket tachs on 8-cylinder mode because of the 'wasted spark' ignition system to get the tach to read correctly. Some aftermarket tachs also need a signal amplifier as well. Keep searching, because I know this has been covered.

- JP.8D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the tach has to be set for a v8 i just cant figure out how to find pin #47 the ecu wiring harness only comes out so far.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I installed it on mine check the forums it should be there somewhere... my wire was different though, it wasn't grey, I think it might be brown with white... I took a break from it came back and the next I tapped into was it... bullseye. Chexk previous posts in this forum.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the ecu has three rows...the top row has 19 pins and the other two have 18 each i think....the right wire is pin 6...i think it 6 form thge right when your looking at the pin side...so yeh it worked for me but make sure that you plug the adapter back in properly or ur car wont start....

·
Registered
978 Posts
Also, there should be a switch, or a jumper wire on the back of the tach for 4, 6, or 8 cylinder. When I did my tach, I used the #8 green wire (2001, yours may be different) and then set it for a 4 cylinder and had no problems whatsover (except for the fact that the light in the tach did not like 16volts when I went to a car audio show :( )

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok i finnaly got it working, the white wire i spliced into earlier that was giving me half a reading was in fact the right one, im just a retard and didnt read the inteructions right there were two wires coming out the back of the tach that need to be cut if you have a 4 cylinder, so i cut them and got a accurate reading. The only thing i dont like about it is the shift light it comes with is so bright it temporerily blinds for a second or two oh well ill just put the cap on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts