Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hve been reading on this site all day about tach installs....everything is working on the tach....and ive tried every wire i could...even the ignition coil...which was the only one with results....but it redlined at 1100 or so....this is a 1997 x3 and i just have questions on the "WHITE" wire aka pin 47 you guys are talking about...i tried every single white wire....even the multi colored ones with white in them.....i have no set harness coming off my ecu which is confusing...but instead there are about 5 different harnesses that hook up to the main wiring of the ecu....idk what to make of this....idk what harness to look at....i would really appreciate some legitamate instructions and not just a simple...."hook it to the white wire" you ppl need to realize that the people that come to these forums are the ppl who dont know what they are doing at all (me being one of them) ....they come here for answers not more questions....and from what i read in your answers.....it just brings up more questions.....ive been trying to hook this damn thing up all day....i would appreciate a real location to hook in this wire....so anyone who has an x3 with an aftermarket tach...plz look to where all the wires hook up plz....

·
Registered
68 Posts
caboose826 said:
i would really appreciate some legitamate instructions and not just a simple...."hook it to the white wire" you ppl need to realize that the people that come to these forums are the ppl who dont know what they are doing at all (me being one of them) ....they come here for answers not more questions....and from what i read in your answers.....it just brings up more questions.....ive been trying to hook this damn thing up all day....i would appreciate a real location to hook in this wire....so anyone who has an x3 with an aftermarket tach...plz look to where all the wires hook up plz....

I'm sure someone will be willing to help. Just realize, most people don't want to help those who criticize what they do and how they do it...

Simply asking what wire they were talking about and asking for a picture or diagram would have been nice.

-Nick

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like i said...people have already tried that and all they got was the answer of the white wire pin 47....and as i noticed....there are no pin 47's on my car....let alone and way of organizing wires....theres my ecu....and a big mess of wires coming out of the side of it and split into about 5 sifferent wire clips ......now if you want me to ask questions.....Which wire clip do i look at? and what color of wire is it on that clip....if you say white wire....there is about a 1/30 chance of getting it right....and well...my chances are 1 in a million because ive tried every white wire.

·
Registered
427 Posts
OK ... try pin 6 ... sb a Lt Grn w/ Yel stripe.
That is the one shown for Engine Speed.

There is also one that is LT Grn w/ WHI stripe ... DO NOT USE this one ... it's for one of the injectors.

I know it's confusing, but be slow and careful, and you should get it.
So ... on the ECM unit itself, there's a huge connector ...

Along the top row, there's a black wire at #2, so continue counting from there to 6 ... there's also a black wire at 10 ...

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your picture actually helped....but i cant find a connector coming righ tout of the ecu....theres the metal box and then a mess of wires coming out of it that split off into multiple connectors....a blue one a white one and a yellow one...and each of those has wires on it....so im still lost as to where this main connector is.....and this mess is all under the driver side dash ....FYI

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i finally found that there was a black cover attached to my ecu ....which kept me from seeing the main wire harness.....so i removed it and now im at the same place that your picture shows....with all those same wires....i found one number on that harness and its 56....and its at the bottom row....still cant find 47 and still dont know what color....if im looking for a white wire...i found the only solid white wire in there and spliced into it and got nothing.....so what color exactly is the wire....and what row and everything is it in....because i cant see the right side of the harness

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright so i was looking at the harness all wrong.... it seems that the 47 is in the middle of all the wires....so im gunna have to dig a little bit... it saids light green and yellow ( white) what exactly does that mean....is the wire yellow and green or white.....just let me know

·
Registered
596 Posts
Did you splice into #44??
'Cause the RPM signal wire is light green on yellow wire, not solid green...
Take a photo for us...
How quickly does it reach the 1200 'redline'...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so i had it hooked into wqire 44....but in wire 44 i was getting a signal....after the green one there was a brwon and then a blue and yellow then no wire...then a solid white wire....i hooked it into the white wire and nothing happened at all....idk its confusing haha

1 - 20 of 30 Posts