Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this http://media.putfile.com/Drifting--Arab--Style I want to know what kind of suspension changes must be donne and how to do this correctly. I have a 2000 Elantra.

Hold on to your seats and enjoy the video!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
A couple of pounds of Acid would probably do it.

As for suspension setup, a good set of Baseball Hard Cups to hold your Balls in tight!!!

It was a nice video, but is this question for real? Do this belong to the suspension forum?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course it does belong here, I was wondering how in the hell those cars don't fip over!!! Has to do with the suspension?... I have seen videos of Accuras, Sonatas and Camrys doing that stuff. I wnat to try doing it but I'm afraid the wheels will fall off or flip over!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Originally posted by GreyAlien
[body]
Of course it does belong here, I was wondering how in the hell those cars don't fip over!!! Has to do with the suspension?... I have seen videos of Accuras, Sonatas and Camrys doing that stuff. I wnat to try doing it but I'm afraid the wheels will fall off or flip over!
[/body]
The truth to it is, the cars DO flip, and the wheels DO fall off. I didn't watch your video, but I'm sure it's the one I'm thinking of with the Hyundais in the middle east, going very fast and spinning down the road.

Put very simply, the suspension is probably stock. All they are doing is driving way too fast and loosing control of the car. Some are able to bring it back, but look for more videos, many do not bring it back under control without hitting something or flipping.

IMHO, it's pretty stupid. If you want to get yourself killed, go for it. The chances are you'll probably kill someone else too if you do it on a public road.

If you want to test your car and it's handling along with your driving, look into a track day or autocross.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GIMP thanks for the straight forward answer...

OF COURSE I won't try to do this on public streets and of course I will be trying to learn how to do it increasing the speed a little at each time. I saw a video of them doing it at more than a 120 miles per hour THAT'S SUICIDAL!!!.

I have seen the videos of the crashes but I'm willing to learn in a safe way and slowly, I just hope my wheels don't fall off or worse. I will try it on an abandoned landing strip NO people and NO cars around.

·
Registered
631 Posts
If you are trying to drift a car, it's unlikely that just the tires sliding sideways across the pavement would cause the wheels to tear off. Suspension has to be tuff to handle day to day abuse from people who could care less about their car. Now if you were sliding and made contact with something like a ditch, curb, soft turf, or something other than pavement, then your chances of tearing away a wheel or flipping the car increase by a large margin.

Your idea of a landing strip is a great idea, if you can find one. Talk to the head of a small, local private airport and see if there is a time that you could use an area of tarmac. Understand that it won't be free, their insurance probably won't cover you, and you'd be responsible for all damages (like landing lights at $300 a pop). You may have better luck with the owner of a parking lot, especially if that owner is car friendly.

I don't mean to come across like a dick, but I can't stand people who do stupid things on the street. Not saying that I've never done it, but I can say that I don't do it anymore. I typically lose one student per year to a stupid mistake on the road, usually from showing off.

Get hooked up with your local sports car club and try something like autocross or a drift event where you can try to spin the car safely, and have rescue folks at the ready should something happen. You could also contact your local police and see if they have any driver training courses available that would include things like skid control.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
to be honest there is alot of sand on the road it helps with loosin traction

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GIMP thanks again for the post...

I do race here I've won some LEGAL Rallys and LEGAL Circuit Street Races, I'm not new to racing and neither to doing "stupid things" with the car, the abandoned air strip is a safe place for us here in Nicaragua to fool around with the cars... I AGREE COMPLETELY with you I dont't like show offs and KIDS that do stupid things on public streets. THEY KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE and I don't support that kind of attitude.

I know it's kinda unsafe to do that Arab Style Drifting but I want to try it SLOWLY FIRST and then if pick up some speed I DON'T WANT TO KILL ANYONE specially not myself.

Sorry for your students kids today get everything from their parents and don't value the stuff they get nor their lifes.

DRIVE SAFE = PLAY WITH THE CAR AWAY FROM INNOCENT PEOPLE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts