Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently hooked up my AFC Neo and I am slowly researching into more things as I go.
I plan on keeping the turbo a safe tuned one, but mabe disregarding the axel and transmission.
I looked into a/f gauges and i even got one (I plan on putting it in tomorrow).

now I'm thinking about wideband O2 sensors. can I just hard wire them in and they work? or is there more to them?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i got another question. am i able to wire my a/f gauge through the ecu wires? i know the first O2 sensor is 18.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm guessing nobody has ever hooked wide band o2 sensors to an LC or LC2.
I was really wondering because the a/f gauge I got is jumping up and down allot.
I'm wondering if something is wrong with combustion on a piston or what ever.
if so then it would explain the broken cat.

and where is the easiest place to get psi/vac readings for the boost gauge?

·
Registered
435 Posts
its easy, wat kind u got?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well my a/f gauge is hooked up but it jumps up and down so i cant tell if its too rich or too lean.
as for the o2 sensor I just want to know if I can just install it and it works, or is there some ecu I gotta mess with? i didn't buy one yet. if you have suggestions I'm open to listen.

and before I start cutting into a line... can I tap into the line coming from the head and going to a big round shaped thing on the driver side.(for the boost/vac gauge)

·
Registered
435 Posts
say wat? lol ok, at idle you a/f guage bounces form rich to lean right? thats because it s a narrowband a/f guage and your idling, if you were driving it would be much more constant. i dont know whats big round thing you are talking about but if its the brake booster then yea u can T into that line and use that for your vacuum source

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
ok... ok... I tried to take out the o2 sensor and uhh I broke it.. :(

so if anybody can give me more info on wideband o2 sensors Pronto it would be great... guess everybody is on vacation

·
Registered
435 Posts
righty tighty lefty loosey? i'll put up some pics for ya spanky later

i would do it now but i cant get on my photobucket? anyone got a clue where else to host them?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks Mang!
Im preaty sure u can hoste them on any site you can upload them to and veiw the picture Ive even hosted pics on myspace before lol.

I just cant believe i broke my o2 sensor like that my car is running like **** now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts