Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my buddy's called me up last night talking ****. he called me all day, so i talked to some of my that were with me all day. there was three of us that my **** talking buddy's wanted to run.

the challenges were a
1. 94 civic ex w/gsr swap, i/h/e, chipped ecu, blox manifold and slicks.
2. 92 civic hatch cx w/jdm d15b turbo, cat-back, chipped ecu
3. 96 civic hatch dx w/ls swap, i/h/e, chipped ecu

v.s.

1. 04 RSX i/h/e
2. 04 SRT-4
3. 97 tib cat-back, light weight crank pulley, iriduim plugs, snorkus intake

the first match between the gsr/civic and the rsx was pretty sorry. the civic took first gear and second the rsx pulled him and from there the rsx kept gaining on every gear. civic loses by 2-3 cars.

second match was me v.s. my buddy's ls/civic. right off the launch i had him and from there it was a had run. civic loses 2-3 cars.

thrid match my brother in laws stock srt4 v.s. civic d15 turbo. srt burns through first and half through second but once he gripped he passed the civic. civic loses by 3-4 cars.

so to say these **** talking civics got their asses handed to them. they didn't talk **** after that. they just left without even saying anything.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I hate to point out the fact that your talking **** yourself about the civic people. Basically you're just as bad as them.

·
Registered
502 Posts
beating **** talkers makes the victory sweeter.
I bet u feel so big picking on those poor old civics... jk

morral of the story is even is civic drivers think they are fast we all know they are not so just nod yes when speaking to them that way nobody get burned. :D

sorry i had alot of hater-aid today

·
Registered
737 Posts
Give credit where credit is do, honda makes great cars but they are deserving of more than going in a straight line. If all honda drivers were assholes then there would be a couple million of them. any swapped honda is going to be a quick car, i'm sorry to point out the obvious.

**** talking aside street racing is just plain stupid, be the bigger person in that situation and do something better with your life. what point do you have to prove? enjoy your car that's all that should matter.

luckily I realized this a long time ago after I got dropped from my insurance and almost lost my license while most of my friends lost them both.

·
Registered
502 Posts
of course I was kiding. one can make any car fast, with enough work done to it. my friend drives a civic d16 and once he started boosting 12 psi the thing hauled ass enough to burn many sweat cars. hes selling it to get a WRX tho.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Im pushing 6-7 psi and my car flys! Its not that fast but its enough to get some mad props.

·
Registered
232 Posts
ya any car could be fast if built right. I built a civic d16 vtec and with a turbo tdo5h it would have smoked all those cars you just listed gauranteed and yes I know becouse we raced it against a civic hatch with b18 skunk 2 cams full exhoust and more go slow parts. also a stock srt4 and a b16 hatch turbo that got the guy to ask us what did you do different and what im I doing wrong.we were running 10psi of boost. point is any car can be fast if built right and also the driver has alot to do with it. and buy the way im not for the honda camp I love my hyundai and dsm's are the sh*t.............

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
even though beta's don't respond well to n/a bolt on's, its noticeable

2k1 beta lc with beta II, I/H/E, crank pulley, stage 3 spec clutch, ngk iridiums,
stage 1 weight reduction.. & short shifter

·
Registered
30 Posts
"Jsharptooth91 I hate honda people. Thats all they do is talk ****... They think hondas are all that.."

Yeah I'm all that and a broken tranny too. lol. J/K. Well many car owners are loyal to their brand. But I feel that all people talk crap in one way or another.

Here what I expect the cars listed in the race to run in the 1/4. Remember the e.t.'s are traction dependent. All e.t.'s are manual 5 speed eqiupped cars.

1. 94 civic ex w/gsr swap, i/h/e, chipped ecu, blox manifold and slicks.
14.2-14.5 et

2. 92 civic hatch cx w/jdm d15b turbo, cat-back, chipped ecu
14.6-15.0 et on around 7 psi

3. 96 civic hatch dx w/ls swap, i/h/e, chipped ecu
14.7-15.2 et

4. 04 RSX i/h/e
Non Type S 15.4-15.7 et RSX Type S 14.3-14.7 et

5. 04 SRT-4
13.9-14.2 et

6. 97 tib cat-back, light weight crank pulley, iriduim plugs, snorkus intake
15.5-15.8 et (Guessing don't know the Tiburon too well since I see them run from 14.9-16.4)

It comes down to who launches better off the line. If your on the roll I would think torque (which Hyundai's are famous for) would speed away from the Civic and with the higher HP the Civic would start to catch up and pull away at the end. I guess I need to change my sig. since some stupid hit and run driver totaled my Civic:(.

New vehicle:

1995 Acura Integra LS

Stock throttle body/stock intake box/stock b16a intake manifold
B16A with Type R cams (from my Civic)
GSR transmission

15.6 e.t. on 17 in rims (stock exhaust)
15.3 e.t. on 15 in rims (stock exhaust)
15.0 e.t. on 15 in rims (cat. back 2" muffler)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hondas are like tampons...every pussy has one.
But that like saying Hyundai's are for people who can't afford a Honda. But I'm not here to start things. Hey I had a 64 Nova back in the days I picked on imports/v8's it didn't matter. Now that I drive a Honda/Acura I really don't care If I going to lose or win...For me it just for fun. It fun when a WRX pull up to a you and tries to play and you just pull away from it. But then again when a SVT Mustang or a Z06 vette pulls up next to you and revs at you. You know you'll lose but still try. Hey who knows maybe the driver will mis-shift (it has happen). But in the end if both cars that are equal it comes down to the driver.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
it's mostly the vtec engines, the cult aftermarket support and interchangable parts that make honda what it is, but i's often common every now and then for some honda ass to say my "vtec can outrun your V8"..oh the good ol days:D

i've beaten weak sohc vtec eg coupes, mazda's with IHE and focus's
and only lost to a gutted ef civic with a b16 swap

if you wanna fight back, get a accent, swap the beta in, unsolder the tib or elantra chip and solder to the accent ecu and watch the door's of a couple of honda's get eaten by a "korean POS"..in most case's, you'll run early 8 or late 7 sec's to 0-60 with a beta accent with swapped ecu with gutted interior and bolt on's will enhance the times..

·
Registered
30 Posts
it's mostly the vtec engines, the cult aftermarket support and interchangable parts that make honda what it is, but i's often common every now and then for some honda ass to say my "vtec can outrun your V8"..oh the good ol days:D

i've beaten weak sohc vtec eg coupes, mazda's with IHE and focus's
and only lost to a gutted ef civic with a b16 swap

if you wanna fight back, get a accent, swap the beta in, unsolder the tib or elantra chip and solder to the accent ecu and watch the door's of a couple of honda's get eaten by a "korean POS"..in most case's, you'll run early 8 or late 7 sec's to 0-60 with a beta accent with swapped ecu with gutted interior and bolt on's will enhance the times..
Thats also saying get an early 90's Hyundai and put a turbo eclipse engine keep stock looking. Then proceed to rip on honda/acura/nissan/stangs/suby/ect.

Here a link to an excel:

A Misubishi 4G63-powered Hyundai Excel - Sport Compact Car Web

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i'm waiting for a swapped ecu from japakos that has the elantra chip in the accent ecu, it'll help my Beta LC run on it's true settings..

no more flat spot's where only the power is in the higher rpms, it'll have torque everywhere and be running a richer map so i can fully utilize my SAFC,
and 1/4 mile time's will or should be around 14.8 or 14.7..0-60 should take no mroe than 8 or 7 sec's for a car that weighs barely than a ton

HP will be well above 138..more like 145 or 150 since i have intake, header and exahust with crank pulley and a gutted rear,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts