Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any information about a possible Targa Top conversion for a tiburon? i have a 08 and im thinking about later down the line trying to do that. I have researched and i cant find anything to help me. i know that it will cost alot but i think it would look badass. Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
256 Posts
i had thought about it when the car first came out but the problem is that it is going to drop the roof height down on the inside in a car that allready has little head room and then you have to find somebody who could craft you a mount so that you could take the roof out and put it back in. the problem with the tiburon is that by doing that you are seriously weaking the structure of the car and i hardley doubt you could findsomebody to do this to your car for less that 3500. on a 20,000 car that is just too much

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
this has been discussed before in another thread and i believe the outcome of it was not too pretty.

·
Banned
5,451 Posts
I've talked about this mod ALOT, and have quite a few FAQ's and Tech articles written on Hyundai Aftermarket.org about it. In fact, I helped the member who used to own that red RD with his targa, with ALOT of info and how to do it properly.

Basically, it can be done....but there is ALOT of work that needs to be done for the car to be structurally sound and not fall apart when you go around a corner. Also, its one of those things where you only have one chance to do it, and it has to be 100% or else you will destroy (pretty much total it) the car completely. Most shops wont even tackle it because of the work thats involved. Its not one of those faint of heart mods you want to tackle yourself either.

But like I said...theres alot of info on HA about it. Good luck if you do it, but just make sure you know what you're doing before you have some small time shop or yourself do the job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts