Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tein is still debating on if they still want to make parts for the accent or not. What can i do in my power to make them go for it? Im thinking about making a petition or a group buy list so they can see how many MC owners want some real suspension. Anyone with MC please chime in so we can hopefully get some mods for this car. :)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Dude thats IT! They got all sorts of junk for the older Lc Accents and NOw they wanna make after market parts for the MC? Again as always the LC2 gets jacked...this just blows...

·
Registered
715 Posts
fintile said:
Dude thats IT! They got all sorts of junk for the older Lc Accents and NOw they wanna make after market parts for the MC? Again as always the LC2 gets jacked...this just blows...
Engine/Suspension wise an LC and a LC2 are identical were talking minor sheet metal differences.... Get over it...

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Yeah well thats not the point I wasn't talking about either of those two. Its crappy that the LC2 never really have any claim to fame except as an improved look to the older LC design. As far as brakes and suspension go Its pulling teeth to get a hold of any aftermarket suspension for it and they never made any after market brake kits for either of the two. (some OEM size ones a little bit) but no BBK or anything along those lines. Also the older LC's were 1.5's and to get those turboed is a lot easier because of the Scoupe, so for what I'm ranting about the two are not related. It's all good...

·
Registered
715 Posts
fintile said:
Yeah well thats not the point I wasn't talking about either of those two. Its crappy that the LC2 never really have any claim to fame except as an improved look to the older LC design. As far as brakes and suspension go Its pulling teeth to get a hold of any aftermarket suspension for it and they never made any after market brake kits for either of the two. (some OEM size ones a little bit) but no BBK or anything along those lines. Also the older LC's were 1.5's and to get those turboed is a lot easier because of the Scoupe, so for what I'm ranting about the two are not related. It's all good...
Suspension I dunno wat you want Koni, KYB, Eibach, Groundcontrol, Whiteline make parts for the LC/LC2 Put Koni's and GCs together pair that up with Some Whitelie sway bars thats totally a track worthy setup.

Brakes? I built a 10.8" BBK for my accent really you don't need bigger unless your running > 300hp is unnesscarry. Just because your too lazy for look for stuff doesn't mean its not out there.

Trust me I was on a platform at one time where EVERYTHING was custom compared to that the LC/LC2 Platform is great.

You really need to get over yourself if you want big Aftermarket buy a 92 Civic...

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Its not even a matter of getting over myself...besides where did that come from? It's all about convinience. I'm well aware of the lack of demand companies get selling Hyundai parts as it is. I was able to get a set of K-Sport coilovers for a decent price, everything else however yeah had to be custom but it's nice to be able to look it up and just buy it too ya know. Again I just feel the LC2 never even had a chance to prove itself as an aftermarket car. I see where the MC is getting all the attenton though Hyundai is really pushing modifying it an car customization on them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no one is really taking the lc/lc2 to the roadcourse to actually prove how nice the car really is besides korea? I dont think many people even track there accent in the US.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Ive tried...there just isn't much except a 1/8mile drag course at the stadium here in San Diego.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts