Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i brought it in for my transmission, wich is under warrantee, and they are making me pay for allkiinds of extra crap like an engine service and variouse other things!! now their telling me they don't have a loaner for me. now i have to miss work and not make money today!!! wtf!! the dealer has been pushing me around all week. i think their purposly trying to screw me over. should i have to pay extra for all that other srevice when the trns is still covered? shoudn't the buy me a rental car since they are out of loaners? i am pissed

·
Registered
649 Posts
loaners are not offered by all deales and i dont think they are required to do that .... at least for hyundai.

as far as any service they cant make you pay for ANYTHING. i do tons of wok on Acuas including at least 4 3.2TL transmissions and even if fluid looks like **** and it's obvious that customer did no service whatsoever to prevent this.

best thing for you to do is contact hyundai warrenty service rep . most of the time it's pointless to argue with service writers and wont get you anywhere.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i have had the trans serviced at 45k and once again like a couple of weeks before it blew. they even werent going to it in unless i had then change the timing belt, but i eventually talked them out of that. now that wanratee rep, is that regional or would he or she be at the dealer?

·
Registered
649 Posts
yeah that's regional. our rep comes in few times a month or when we have a major case like yestarday 04 RSX with blown engine 15k on it.....cnat blive they ended up doing it under warrenty.

what was the reason why they said it cant be covered?

i just dont understand how they can require you to do something like a timing belt in return for warrenty work nuts!
dont let them do anything untill you talk to your rep. if dealer wont give you number of that rep then call hyundai and ask for it there

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the main reason is that i didnt cone in at 60k for a checkup and timing belt change. (which doent make sense) all the other stuff they say they wont change out the tranny without doing an engine service. thats why i ask myself, if its under warrantee why should i pay for anyting? I will try to get ahold of the rep, what if they do it before i get ahold of them? will i still get charged?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If you don't follow the recommended service intervals as per your owners manual, the dealership can deny your warranty claims.

I took my car in for transmission issues. Actually it was a faulty speed sensor for the A/T. They also checked the tranny and found that the fluid was dirty and needed to be changed. Well, the service writer gave me 2 options; 1. Do a full transmission service and the TPS will be covered under warranty or 2. not do a trans service and pay out of pocket. Of course I paid to have the transmission serviced.

The engine and transmission have a symbiotic relationship. One does/can/may affect the performance of the other.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
If you got over 60k I would have the timing belt changed anyways. Last thing you need is that bad boy failing on you.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, i plan to get the belt changed, but it has nothing to do with the trans. and i did follow schedualed maintenence, however you spell it, i just didnt do it there

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Ok, let me explain it this way....

Your car is now covered by the 10/100k POWERTRAIN warranty. Powertrain meaning the ENGINE & TRANSMISSION.

When you follow the service requirements in the owners manual, just because you get the required service done somewhere else, doesn't mean Hyundai will honor the work. Those mileage service checks are "Hyundai" specific. And some dealerships won't honor your warranty if you do not get the checks done at Hyundai.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Originally posted by hootie
[body]
If you don't follow the recommended service intervals as per your owners manual, the dealership can deny your warranty claims.
[/body]
they can try to fight it but this shoudl not effect warrenty outcome.
i've tryed to deny warrenty to customers but never had luck and was told just because service was not done at the dealer and no proff of it is no reason to deny it.

also as far as dirty fluid in that auto trany of yours coudl not have been reason to not warrenty your sutff. very often when auto tranny starts to fail it will burn fluid wich will automaticly make it look like it has never been changed and there really is no way to check that.

atullio, unless you told them to go and do the service they shouldnt do it especially if you never signed anything authorizing that work

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, i depend highly on my car, so i cannot wait anymore and i told the m to do it, but i didnt sign anything. i have been fighting this dealer tooth and nail for the past week and a half and i havent gotten anywhere. and i dont think that contatcting the warrantee rep will matter because im pretty sure they did when i first brought my car in. at this point i fugure the only thing to do is drive an extra 20 miles to another dealer next time i need service. i will never go back to that place unless i get a pretty smile and a nice pair of hooters. i appreciate the help though!! if there anything else you can think of ill try, but man i just want this to be over with and get my freakin car back!! i have been driving my roomated avenger and it makes me want to kill myself everytime i get in it, that thing sucks, ok im rambling,.......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts