Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know how to explain where abouts these lights but I'll try. Its the lights below the headlight bulb and to the bottom. It sits to the end of either side of the grill. I drive an LC2. I had one burn out on me last year and the other one is still lit. I want to get them both changed to whiter bulbs, none of this yellow, oem crap. What type of bulb can I use to change it, and possibly make it brighter? Is it easy to change? I hope that someone knows what I'm talking about. If someone on the board can help me that would be awesome.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i don't know the bulb type because I have an LC but are you talking the small round ones ? i could only guess that they are day time driving lights ?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Are you talking about the lights that are inside the headlight housing that turn on with the parking lights? You can get 168 compatible bulbs for them. Super bright ones or super white LED's.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you talking about the lights that are inside the headlight housing that turn on with the parking lights? You can get 168 compatible bulbs for them. Super bright ones or super white LED's.
Yes this is the one that I'm talking about. Can you post some links for me please.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Just search for 168 bulbs on ebay or Google. The LED ones look good but they're dim. "Plasma" ones look pretty good and are bright but they burned out a lot for me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Is it easy to change these bulbs? Do I have to play with the rubber dust thing(I can't remember what its called. I had to take of that dust thing for my headlight bulbs and what a PITA.

All that I am looking for is ones that are brighter than that oem bulbs. The site you gave me just says that they are replacements for the oem. I have PIAA extreme white headlight bulbs now, and with the oem little bulbs it looks like crap.

I see that the same lights that you suggested are the same ones that go for the license plate lighting. I was wondering, how do you change the lights in there? I looked at the manual and I couldn't find anything about it?

·
Registered
124 Posts
look on ebay for a super white or hyper white LED 194 bulb, and try to get one with 5 or more LEDs on it, 4 facing to the sides and one on top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts