Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BEHOLD!! I did a bit of engine cleaning (and scraping of salt off the muffler and tailpipe) and I got this! Who knew there was such a nice car under all that dirt!

A little bit of engine cleaning, 25 mins worth (probably NEVER done)

The interior is still dirty as ****, but well, that will wait till the spring.

EASY driving this thing, cruises along at 70 MPH w/no vibrations, 85 MP/h with a SLIGHT case of steering wheel nervousness. Turns heads tho, NO ONE (including the customs agent) knows what the hell this thing is!!

;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
jed you made it. good stuff, yeah man when i was up there with mine i went to a pep boys and i came outside to a crowd of 20 teens checking out the car, no lie i thought that was hilarious. they all ran like cockroaches when i was walking towards the car

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I was changing the thermostat (and I didnt buy a gasket) so I had to use a Sonata 4G64 one, make it it... I decided to clean the motor while it was all apart.

:D

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If not cleaner... w/15 inch rims (these are winter 13's, hideous wheels w/nissan hubcaps but good, new tread), tinted windows, a low pro spoiler, and finished bodywork to the rear driver's QP and fuel door, as well as the bonnet front (there's some mild/moderate rust in two spots)

I want to make this car last 5+ years.... Boy is it going to need a valve lash adjustment when I return! PING PING < 2K rpm!:(

·
Registered
492 Posts
timing must be too advanced or the fuel is ****. use midgrade and it will go away

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No man it's valve lash... tonight on the Jones Beach highway I took it to 110 MPh, and it was fine, but I know the sound of valve lash when I hear it!!

Feeler gauge, my friend, you will be employed upon my return to Canadia!!

I hope I don't have "jet valves" installed!

·
Registered
492 Posts
no jet valves on that one. my 2.4 has them, easy to adjust too, i dont know why everybody dumps a load in their pants when jet valves are involved, its the same as adjusting valve lash

·
Registered
492 Posts
by then i should have my pony at my work, i will give you permission to check it out

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SHe's doing fine, in about a year we're gonna try the living together thing again, this time we'll be married... and hopefully more insightful into each other's ways, so we don't fight so much... :(

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Jed118 said:
No man it's valve lash... tonight on the Jones Beach highway I took it to 110 MPh, and it was fine, but I know the sound of valve lash when I hear it!!
lol, Jones Beach highway....it's actually called Ocean Parkway but I guess that works as well.

I miss that car already. And you too Jed, of course.

My car looks like poop right now, its a work in progress. Im not gonna post any pics till its done. That may not be for another year, or 2, or 3. lol

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I miss that highway, and I miss doing 100 MPH down it, and the guy getting pulled over.... man if I only had an unrestricted path, im sure I could get that stellar 2.0 (4g63) up to it's limit.... I passed someone at 170 KM/h today, slight sweat, I'd like to see what a true open road for the 4G would stop at... had a [email protected]+ KMH STOCK!!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
my buddy cleared 200 with his, 5 spd on the 407 when it was new, him and another guy with an integra pulled there plates and ripped up the empty highway

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice, but im not doing that again. I honour the 4G63 by respecting it. If Ikeep doing this, it's not gonna last 5 years! And I just may need a family car!

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Haha no one I hope, not yet anyways (probably the car will not last that long anyways)

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
lol! you're alluding more to "family" than I ever have!

No, I'm not pregnant, we're not that stupid. Im still too young, gimme at least till Im 30. A kid now would totally destroy our lives. I still gotta finish school and start my career!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts