Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, a few years ago I used to own a '95 Accent. I loved that car, great on gas but no power. I ended up seizing the tranny, so I got rid of it. I've done some searching and it seems that the turbo manifold from the Scoupe will fit onto the 1.5 found in the Accent. Same engine, different internals? And a T25will bolt up to the manifold? My main question is... Can I use the ECU from a turbo Scoupe or will it not work? I understand that there is more to turbocharging a car then just bolting the manifold and turbo on. I wasn;t sure if this should be in the newbie section or turbo section. Mods, feel free to move to correct section if needed. Im really considering getting another Accent if this is feasible. Thanks for any input given.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Yeah there is a lot more to going turbo. Now you are right. The engine is basicly the same thing. You will need Scoupe rods and pistons. the ECU for the scoupe sucks. Hell the car was Turbo charged and made the same HP as a base model MINI. Your going to need some other type of engine managment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks, i'll look into something else for engine mangement. I gotta finish my current project and sell it off before I can start a new one. I'll probably buy and build a 1.5, then look into finding a good shell to drop it in. Any idea what company i'd be able to get the pistons and rods from? Oh and by the way, since this is the newbie section, I should probably introduce myself. My name is Jay and I'm from New York.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts