Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of boosting my 1.6l alpha. i need some advice on which piggback or standalone fuel management system is best for my set up. im gunna be using a garret t25 with external wastegate so i can have a boost controller and a decent bov (dont know exactly which one yet). and probably two smic intercoolers by where the fog lights would go. i know that they dont sell the safc standalones anymore and they are hard to find so if anyone has any suggestions on fuel management please speak up because im all ears. ohh and i will probably be getting 440cc injectors and a better fuel pump. any suggestions on that would be great full aswell.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Walbro fuel pump, 190 will be fine. SAFC you can get on ebay all day long. One intercooler, fmic if its in the front or your wasting your time.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wouldnt 190cc injectors be a little small. idk whats in the car stock but i was told that if i wanted to push around 14 psi i would need bigger injectors and was suggested 440cc.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Buy an AEM FIC and tune it. I'm using it and I'm 100% happy with it. You can retard timing too.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
sorry 190lph fuel pump is what i was reffering to

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh that makes a whole lot more sense. and i was looking at the aem fic and looks nice but i wanted some input on it used on a hyundai first before i went out and got it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i have the aem fic and am very happy with it
my car runs good with minor issues ( see other post)
the safc is ok but very arcaic for what you need with the 1.6
i had the safc II and it definately did not do what i wanted it to.
and 14psi on stock internals will most likely spell disasster start with 5 and work your way up i'm at 7 now and think 9-10 should probably be as far as i take it on stock motor

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i plan on taking a trip down under and maybe get some forged internals and that should get me up to 14psi. but if u think that the aem fic is better then the safc then i think i might be going with the aem.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
eh...you guys baby it too much. Rbuecker was running 12-14 psi DD withstock internals and a megasquirt...it wasnt tunned either. He did it for a while before he screwed with the timming and ran the revs to 8,500. THEN he melted a piston and screwed his whole engine. 10-12 psi is what I would go but not until I know i can have it tunned. Stick with 5-7 psi. The SAFCII is OK but its just a way to hold it together for a short time. Megasquirt, E-Manage, AEM...those would all be what you want. SRT4s use 440cc injectors stock with a 2.4L engine pushing 14-16 psi. A little 1.6 pushing 10-12 psi is weak sauce for 440s. Your on the right track, get the ECM and the 440's plus all the other needed hardware (turbo, manifold, IC, piping.) and you'll be fine.

I think once you get it tunned to 10 or even 12 psi you'll be amazed with it. Try that before trying to go with 14psi. You may be happy with what you end up getting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

I'm a newbie here frm Singapore. Looking for a G4GF 2.0L beta engine 5-speed manual transmission for my kia cerato? Thinking of doing up a off-load project car purely for self-amusing. Understand that both Kia and Hyundai share the same engine. Would like to know anybody out there who can step forward and offer advices.

(a) Not sure whether can the G4GF engine fit into the engine compartment bay?

(b) If YES, what about the mounting bushing? Need to modify?

(c) price and availability / delivery?

(d) Intent to turbo-charged eventually

(e) complete with all necesary harness

thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts