Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Sorry, don't mean to be picky...but the Turbo motor puts out 115 bhp.

Now, remapping the ECU and fittinga larger turbo (say a Garett T25) 160 bhp is quite obtainable.

I agree that ditching the old motor and sourcing a TC motor would be much more cost effective and it should be a straightforward swap. Don't forget though that residuals are pretty low on a Scoupe so do you really want to spend all that money and time?(which you cannot recoup!) My advice would be to sell your current car,buy a turbo Scoupe and make your modifications. It will be a lot cheaper that way.

· Registered
75 Posts
All I can say is be careful which motor you choose. If you go with anything that is 200 bhp plus then I seriosuly think you would need to make some mods to the suspensions set up. The chassis is good but not that good and I don't think that it could cope with that kind of power as is.

BUT even with say 160 bhp your looking at a 0- 60 time of around 6 secs which is pretty damn good. The Scoupe is a very light car so you don't need to use a motor that puts out huge amounts of power to get good results speed wise.

Something to think about.

Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.