Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, i just installed a "cold air system" and my accent is having trouble idling, after i let off the gas it chugs then it shuts down. sensors are fine. im just wondering if i can adjust my throttle? and ideas would be much appreciated.

P.S. i did a search and found nothing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey there, i just installed a "cold air system" and my accent is having trouble idling, after i let off the gas it chugs then it shuts down. sensors are fine. im just wondering if i can adjust my throttle? and ideas would be much appreciated.

P.S. i did a search and found nothing.
Is your ICV in the plumbing and between the throttle body and MAF sensor?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so im not totally sure what the icv is but heres what i did. there is a sensore in the stock airbox that i took out and i replaced it in the tubing. Now i have two sensors in the tubing. going from left to right (injector to filter) it goes like this...

Injector, hose, sensor that was in the airbox, hose, other sensor that i didnt touch, hose then the filter. i hope this helped

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Not trying to insult you, but check one of the sensors (the MAF) for an arrow. Make sure the arrow is pointing the way the air flows through the sensor, from the filter to the throttle body. So many people have put it back in backwards after installing a CAI.

·
Registered
686 Posts
check engine light?

·
Registered
147 Posts
what motor do u have- i thought accents just had the one sensor before the thottle body.....i noticed after installing my short ram when i lets say hit the gas at idle the car kinda bogs a little bit before leveling off at idle kinda feels like it goes to like 700 rpm then goes back up to 850 or 950 so......i have no tacho so... i wouldnt know really

·
Registered
150 Posts
The sensor in the airbox is the AIT and not really important, the second "sensor" is your ICV...Idle Control Valve. It bypasses your throttle body and has to be between your throttle body and MAF sensor so the MAF meters the air going in to the motor. You'll notice a tube from your intake tube to a fairly large cylinder which then goes to your intake manifold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts