Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Please tell me if The trottle body from the Tiburon 96-97 will fit on a Elantra 96-97 and if it will make a difference?:)

Thanx
BreitlingBoyz

I eat v-tec's :)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Welcome to the boards.
No they are the same engine and same size.
Use the search many answers to be found easily.

I doubt you "eat v-tec's". Well maybe the economy v-tec.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Coal_forge said:
Welcome to the boards.
No they are the same engine and same size.
Use the search many answers to be found easily.

I doubt you "eat v-tec's". Well maybe the economy v-tec.

Thanx. what search fields are you referring too?

And will that give me a better response? Or will it be easier/ cheaper to fit the 2 litre motor?

And when you add throttles on your car, do you put 1 throttle on each cylinder?

(laugh)* well not yet...soon:)

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Dude, I have a ford 4.6L 68mm JUST WAITING to be installed in a BETA! My buddy SPIKIE put one in his 2.0L accent and it hauls! PM me and we'll talk. The wiring is VERY compatible.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Or you can talk to me Jed, cause i want one of those TB's SO bad.

But.. i have like three of them.. i had some mustangs once. Maybe you can PM me the wiring and ill see if i can make mine work. lol. THANKS!:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wilburisthecoolest said:
Or you can talk to me Jed, cause i want one of those TB's SO bad.

But.. i have like three of them.. i had some mustangs once. Maybe you can PM me the wiring and ill see if i can make mine work. lol. THANKS!:D

Will an individual throttle body 50mm on each cylinder (4) work better than putting one 68mm throttle body? Oh, Hyundai Mafia, is it okay to use your saying in Cape Town, South Africa??? I love it... i'm thinking of having a sticker made for it.:)

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
well if you have individual TB's made... where's the airflow sensor? Unless you want to run 2x2 MAP sensors... go carburated m8, it's easier.

Wilbur, there's 3 wires: Source (+), ground (-) and the varistor (Ohm). I took a meter to the varistor: It's off by like 10% so you can offset good idle by soldering in a quarter watt resistor for good low end response, or you can leave it for poor idling (which is manageable) for a slightly offset logarithmic offset (where the peak starts to meet the resistance of the TPS) for increased power.

In any case, provided I have a spacer to mod the ford TB, I'll bore it out for you. I got a TB I'll never use (carburation for the nation) so have at it!

You motherfuckers got any REAL CARS left (IE MKI Ponys?)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I have no idea what you talking (laugh)
SOunds real hectic thou, you need to explain to me like I'm a 2year old, i'm brand new to the game. I focused more on bodykits than speed, but I'm changing over. Recently gone onto the racing scene and I love it...just the Elantra Bodies are so heavy...I only feature on top end runs with other 1600's. Robot to Robot they kill me...and small mods that i can do (in English) that will give me the edge.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Actually, I COULD have explained it better than that. I did consume a few beers previously, and upon my return home, found the internet to be working! So I used it! A bit drunk but yeah... I'm a big fan of carburators, to the extreme. For me, anything should have a carb on it, including the computer I am using. Anyone here knows that, so take it as it is.

A REAL suggestion: Grab Beta Injectors with a bigger throttle body and a nice open exhaust. That's a good start.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
(huge laughs)* Can't blame you :)

Thanks makes sense now, BETA injectors...if I go to a spares shop, will they know what I'm talking about. And what size injectors do I get...
And what size throttle body, I fitted an induction pipe, Bro-speed Branch, Power Flow Exhaust and a lighter fly wheel, but that power still not there.

Has anybody tried the electronic chargers from Shoreline Technologies?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
The electric superchargers DO NOT WORK. lol..

If you have the 1.6 i wouldnt go any larger than 58mm. You'll loose effectiveness if you go larger than that. 1.8 you can probally go up to 63-65mm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts