Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the ecu from an 03 tib could be swapped into an 02 elantra??

Also will a shifter from an 03 elantra or an 01 tib/elantra fit in an 02 elantra gt??
thanks!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
ECU is the same, and remember that the Elantra makes like 2 or 3 more BHP. For replacement purposes, I'm 90% sure it's the same.
Shifter's swap, the GK 5 speed shifter is about an inch shorter, but it's not a "short shifter", as the lower portion is hte same length. I remember seeing it for like 25 bucks from dealers. 01+ tib shifters swap, but it's easier to look for the GK.

[Edited by BigZach on Oct 15, 2005 3:15 PM]

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering cause the tmw shifters list for only 03+. So if I were to order an 03 tib shifter, would it fit my 02??
Also how is it that the elantra gt makes more power than the tib?? I was thinking of switching ecu's so as to get a better curve.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
01-05 is the same shifter.

I didn't think that the ECU's had different curves, but I remember that after they had the class action suit for the HP claims that the XD had 135 and the 4 cyl had 132, probably from the exhaust differences.
I do know that the ECU's changed when the beta got cvvt, so I wouldn't try one of those. But if they have a different curve and you can get one real cheap, go for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts