Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all u tibby drivers
HELP ME im losing my mind the car i love is messing with my hed and costing me a fortune its being in the garage for 3 weeks now and the so called hyundai mechanics cant find out what the problem is ive had the bcm unit replaced which cost me 1000euro and i have now found out that wasnt the problem after all they are now trying to say its the ecu unit which will cost me 1700euro :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know what the problem could be dont know what else to do im pulling my hair out which is no good driving around in a cool looking car with a bald head

would appreciate an answer any kind of answer would help

thank you so much if u can help:mad: :mad: :mad

from a heart broken kaz

·
Registered
499 Posts
The first step is to determine why it does not start. When you turn the key on does the check engine come on. If it does then the ECU should be OK. Is there a spark and do you smell gas as the car is cranking. If the answer to both is no then then I suspect a bad crankshaft position sensor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi rocconi

thanks for your answer the check light does come on and i can smell gas really strong when i try to start it the whole problem seems to be with the immobalizer

its as though the car thinks its being stolen and the immobalizer kicks in and wont start i think its a loose wire somewere and the machanic cant seem to find it i thought if it was the ecu the disnostic machine would show it up but its not

could u possibily have any more suggestions i would really appreciate it

thanks so much:)

kaz

·
Registered
499 Posts
I doubt that the immobilizer would allow the fuel pump to work if it were trying to keep the car from running. Check to see if there is a spark from any of the plug wires. Be sure to check all 4 wires. If you have no spark then check that the connector is clean and properly seated on the coil.

Were there and water leaks inside the car? It could be due to corroded connectors near or at the ECU.

Lastly check ALL of the fuses. Perhaps the one leading to the coil is defective.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tanks rocconi

ill mention that to the mechanics, they phoned me today and told me yet again they cannot find the problem the car is starting now but they dont know how the problem is its being doing that all along starting one day not starting the next

although they have the car stating they still havent dignosed the problem i know if take the car back the same thing will happen in about 3 weeks

i do feel the problem is a simple one but there to stupid to find it i know in my heart its not the ecu

thanks once again for your help at least someone is listening to me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tanks kellysguy
i got a fonecall from the machanic 2day the only thing they can come up with is the ecu they have cheaked all wiring and fuses and replaced ecm and thats not the problem i think they are sayin its the ecu because they cant find the real problem dreading to see what this is going to cost as the warrente is out and ive already paid 1000 euro for ecm:( i just think my cars possessed:( but personally i still think its a loose wire that they cant find ha ha
thanks for your help but im stiled puzzled:confused:
kaz

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks everyone for your help ive got my car up and running again [SO FAR] :) thanks to the new ecu i had to get put in which has cost me a fortune cause hyundai ireland didnt wont to know about the problem so heres to happy :cool: driving again I HOPE :eek:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Junkyard ecm here is about $30. Your mechanics robbed you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks yes i know its very exspenive here for cars and car parts and machanics they charge 75euro per hour and the ecu cost me 800euro so far i have spent 2500euro on the car replacing the ecu and bcm and theres only 19000klm on the clock and we only get a 3 year warrente here from hyundai

i mean for a brand new tibby here your talking 27000 , 30000 thousand euro its madness but we pay it cause we love these cars but hopefully thats it all fixed now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts