Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 2003 i4 tib and i have done (performance wise) full exhaust, short shifter, cai, big bore throttlebody, performance chip, zex dry nos kit with hotter plugs, strut braces, lowering springs, bigger wheels (18s) and tires 215/40, what could i do next short of turbocharging to get some real gains i love the look of the car but the performance just isnt there. my next to do list right now consists of bigger injectors, pullys and hopefully some bigger cams if i can find them, does anyone know of a better intake manifold to fit the 03 i4 also? and advice is appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
don't you want to be running colder plugs with a dry shot of nitrous?

the beta does not take very well to n/a mods. i think the most i have ever seen what a 250whp full drag car. so if you want really significant gains then boost is your only real option.

·
Registered
86 Posts
With a i4 you had better go turbo if you want to see some real gains. think of what type of investment that is though. do you really need that much of a performance jump for what you would have to spend?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i need that much of a performance jump this car is a dog lol this is my first import project im a chevy man at heart but i figured id give it a shot and so far it is nothing like i have expected but then again i guess i shouldnt have expected too much

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Okay 1: performance chip: What chip is it? (there is NO chip for the tiburon so either you got ripped or something?)

18's? Come on now on a I4 , thats why it is slower

Colders plugs are needed

Good luck man :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, you shouyld have did a little research before purchasing but all is not lost. If you feel it necessary for you to go turbo than by all means go for it. Jts do some research on it so you can realize what type of investment it will take. I recommend going to www.newtiburon.com and look ask some newbie questions in the forced induction forum.

I read that your a chevy man, could have just waited for the turbocharged cobalt to hit dealers. 8D

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
As mentioned on another Hyundai web board.....

If you do not have the money to cover the worst case scenario; meaning a catastrophic engine failure, do not modify your engine. Please refer to this thread on NT http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23233. Once you install a turbo charger or supercharger to your engine, you may void whatever warranty you have and you may end up like CUPRA. Just something to think about before you add mAd PoW3r Y0.

I paid a little extra for the V6. ;)

[Edited by hootie on Nov 2, 2004 4:41 PM]

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
Originally posted by SPIKE
[body]
Okay 1: performance chip: What chip is it? (there is NO chip for the tiburon so either you got ripped or something?)
[/body]
He probably has that stupid little thing they call a chip and sell on ebay that promises 20+ hp by tossing a resistor in your air temp line and makes the car run even richer then it already does while fvcking up your engine. :hmmm:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah,m those damn chips on ebay are dumb. i have a friend who has a ricey civic and this is the only performance mod he has, a chip from ebay, and he said he can really feel the power. I feel about as much power as a fart coming outta my ass as on of those chips can really produce.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Originally posted by AUTOBOT
[body]
Originally posted by SPIKE
[body]
[/body]
He probably has that stupid little thing they call a chip and sell on ebay that promises 20+ hp by tossing a resistor in your air temp line and makes the car run even richer then it already does while fvcking up your engine. :hmmm:
[/body]

Hold on a sec...wasn't there Statement's by some member's saying that the Ebay chip actually lean's out the air/fuel mixture??
Richening the A/F Mixture Bog's the car down and Lose's gas mileage,

:hmmm:

·
Registered
256 Posts
gude performance makes a bolt on turbo kit fot the 4 cyl i think with the right budget the 4 can beat the 6 in horse power. the highest v6 i have heard of is only 300 and that is with no known relyability if anybody knows of one let me know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what about the real co turbo kit for the 03 tibby 4cyl? they have 350 and 450 horse kits. anyone know anything about them?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what about the real co turbo kit for the 03 tibby 4cyl? they have 350 and 450 horse kits. anyone know anything about them?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts