Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 accent gsi. and a 96 accent gt. i have access to a wrecked 02 tiburon. has anyone atempted a tib brake swap. to an lc or x3? all the brake parts are there complete spindles. master cylinder. any help or advice?

·
Registered
427 Posts
http://hyundaiperformance.com/tech/diy/accent/x3/1/001/

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks but i have a 2002 tiburon, will they work? i think im going to try them anyways. but if some know they wont fit.. that would save me some hassle.
p.s.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I promise you that it will fit X3 and LC (in LC you will get 114,3 bolt pattern - remeber about it!).
But promise me that you will do a lot of photos during the swap :) and drop it here :D

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
But the LC is a 4x100mm bolt pattern...and the X3 is a 4x114...

I'm confused.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
If you have universal rims like i do you have both lug patterns on them. 4x100mm and 4x114mm.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Ah...universal rims. That would explain it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry for the confusion everybody the tiburon was made in 2002 but its a 2003 model. its a GK tiburon. and i want to swap the brakes, and what ever else i can to an accent. ether my 2000 GSI or my 96 GT. i havent desided yet... sugestions??

p.s GK tibs have 5x114 bolt patern

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you are a tough guy you can try it. I suggest 96' x3 first but if this worked, than it will work for lc.
Go for it. If I were you I will want to do it.
Take the wheels too!
5 bolt accent. Echte klasse :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts