Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating between a couple of cars that I want to get. I was wondering if a tiburon is reliable. It would not be the GT model. I just need it as my daily driver. Also what are some common problems I should look for when buying one of these?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I heard that after people change the transmission fluid, it starts acting up. Is there a reason for this? Are people putting in the wrong kind? or waiting too long

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found a manual transmission in my area. Probably going to look at it on Monday. what should I look for for problems? there are only 11k miles on it.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Make sure they knew how to drive stick, aka check the clutch out. Listen for knocking, odd idle issues after driving it hard, maint. records like any other used car.

I HIGHLY reccomend the first thing you do is pull the sping out of the slave cyl and switch the trans fluid to Redline MT-90. They get a snick or in some cases a grind going into 2nd and 3rd later in life. Mine got that and the MT-90 got rid of it.

Elantraxd.com - Clutch Spring/Slave Cylinder Modification

also another quick "mod"
Elantraxd.com - Throttle Body Coolant Bypass

·
Registered
6 Posts
tiburon

alecseborp said:
I am debating between a couple of cars that I want to get. I was wondering if a tiburon is reliable. It would not be the GT model. I just need it as my daily driver. Also what are some common problems I should look for when buying one of these?

i have a 1999 tiburon fx coupe loaded and it runs great i highly recommend them:) :)

·
Banned
59 Posts
I used to own a 2003 Tiburon and while I owned it, it was very reliable and ran great. It was a black 4-cyl, 5-spd manual. I traded it in for a 04 silver Tiburon (4-cyl, 5-spd) after I got into a major accident involving frame damage.

As for my current 04 Tibby, I've owned it for 3 & 1/2 years with 58,000 miles and it still runs great. The only problems I had was a flat tire once and the stock CD player malfunctioned which was replaced with my warranty.

My girlfriend wasn't a believer in Hyundai cars (Toyota driver) but she noticed how reliable my Tibby has been. She's even considering buying the 2009 Tiburono/Genesis Coupe now!!

-Optimummind

1 - 10 of 10 Posts