Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I have my 08 GTP tiburon with a 6 speed, I have recently done an ecm flash, and cut the cat and resignator out with 2 flowmaster mufflers, sounds great. I also noticed a HUGE power increase. Im not familiar with these cars as Ive only ever owened muscle cars in the past. But with that being said, I have raced my friends wrx impressa, his is an o6, stock, 5sp standard. I beat him 3 out of 3 races, and it wasnt just the driving factor, as when we switched cars, I lost while driving his, and I gave it an honest run. I was under the impression that the wrx should walk all over my car, but I also raced a 350 z this weekend a few runs from the stop light, and although I didnt win, I was right with him the whole time. We went about 6 or so times, and all the time I was within half a length to 150 KPH or so... Is my car just an anomoly? or is this typical with these little mods done? im quite impressed with the car, and even did a top end run with her, and had it to 250 KPH with out redlining the engine... everyone I talk to is suprized with this, im just impressed, plain and simple...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I could see you beating a regular wrx but no the STI trim. the regular wrx is running about 210ish hp and your car is prolly running about 240ish now w/ the ecu reflash. The 350z is running about 300hp stock so I could see why they may have pulled you. the tibby most likely kept up best becuse of the ecu reflash allowing a better throttle response to keep the rpm's higher to achieve the higher hp sooner. Good job mate :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts