Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I having one problem after another with replacing my timing belt. Finally, I removed everything and trying to put the new tensioner on. I need to put the spring back on the tensioner. However, it won't fit around the metal pieces. It needs to be compressed and I don't have superman fingers. I tried all types of pliers and even a hose clamp. Nothing works. There has to be an easy way to do this. No auto manuel explain how to do this. I can't find any speciality tools. I checked all over the internet and now one even mentions the tensioner spring. I can't figure out why. If they replace the tensioner they will end up having to put the spring back on. Any help is appreciated. 2002 hyundai accent 1.6L

·
Registered
147 Posts

well, id get a friend or go to a shop and ask them but dont go to a hyundai shop cuz they wont do anything to help u out... assholes... theyd make u tow the vehicle in and other crap anyways good luck ask around ur town

·
Registered
737 Posts
you are tackling the hardest part of the project

It took me 30 minutes just to get that damn spring back in on mine.

try every tool in your arsenal because that is what I did until the damn spring went back in. I wish there was a way to take tension off the belt without taking that damn spring out.

Take your time drink a beer, smoke a cig and try try again. If you can get the bolt started that holds the spring in you can pry the spring back with a screwdriver.

good luck to ya

1 - 3 of 3 Posts