Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the pressure to put air in my 95 accent tires?? its auto with 1.5L 4 door.. i looked at the sticker at the driver side door and it didnt say anything.. is it 32?? im guessing.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i would say 32-35............ thats what it says on my door but if ya have low profile tiers then it is diffrent like Autobot said.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok it says 32 all corners for the stock tires. but i got another Q. the manual says to add 4 more psi for winter tires during winter cuz it makes it handle better on snow, but i got ALL SEASON tires. should i do the same (add 4PSI) or keep it on 32's ???

·
Registered
2 Posts
the tire pressure generally shouldnt differ all that much. when i was getting my car serviced i had them check my tire pressure and recommend what pressure i should use. they recommended to me 32PSI on the front tires and 30PSI on the back tires. i drive a 1995 hyundai excel (accent)

remember, PSI isnt how much air is put in the tire, but rather how much PRESSURE there is. therefore, it really shouldnt vary too much.

·
Registered
243 Posts
it says that because in coulder weather the tiers don't get as hot so the presure dosn't get as high as it might when you drive in the summer. So yea add the extra 4 PSI.

·
Banned
9,547 Posts
Originally posted by AUTOBOT
[body]
It depends on the tire.
Look on the tire for the specs for that tire.
[/body]
never go by what the tire says:hmmm:

you have to go with what the car is rated at. look in your owners manual or in the glovebox. The PSI rating on a tire is the max PSI. Never go with what it says on the tire that is just dumb

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I run the stick hanooks on my car and run 40PSI all around. (2003 Accent 14" tires) I like having the tire pressures set higher so it corners a little better(IMO)

I also run this PSI for auto-X.

opinions?

sorry to hijack, but it was on topic.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Running 8 p.s.i. over-pressure will wear the tread-centres excessively!.
It`s always best to stick to the vehicle manufacturers figures.
Nick.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I ran about 36F, 32R psi on the street, and 40F, 34R psi when autoXing on the 15's. On my stock wheels I ran 35psi street, and 42F, 38R autoXing. Running that high on the street would lead to some fair amounts of snap oversteer and not really be safe imo.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my wife is running on stock 13 inch tires. and like the manual says. 32 psi at all corners is recommended..talking about the snow season, my friends say different. they say de-flate the tires (less air) to give the tires better traction on snow....is that right? but that contradicts with what the manual says. so im very confused. thanx for your honest opinions guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts