Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey..i just got new 15" rims and im deciding which tires would be good for all season driving. I'm not deciding between these Cooper Tire ZEON ZPTs or Toyo Tire Proxes 4. I just want to know if anyone knows which is better. I read lots of good reviews on the Toyo Proxes, but nothing about the ZEONs. The only thing is that the ZEON says it has 340 thread while the Proxes 4 has only 300. Does anyone know if thats a big difference and how long would each tires last approximately? Thanks.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yeah, that is a big difference.

I take it you are driving in snow as well??

i would of course size wise get the 195/50 R15. But in all reality the best thing to do would be put your stock rims on for the winter with bfg control ta's, this would be the ideal thing to do. But since you are like me and won't (I have my stock steelies in my basement with almost new control ta's on them.) Then get the toyo.

I went with the remington Remington XT120's, I actually really like them. There are mixed reviews of them online, but on the accent, they do a decent job of handling, holdshot control, etc. I would get them again if I had to choose. THey have a higher tradwear rating and will last something like 60,000 instead of the 35,000 that the 300 series would go, or the 40,000 that the 340's would (or it might be 40,000 and 50,000, not sure)

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the Toyos are good and will last me 60,000 miles? I saw many great reviews on them, so im probably going to get them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts