Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I got a set of 15inch rims finally.... My question is what size tires to put on them and how wide can I go? I was thinking some 195/50/15's but if I can go wider it would be nice....

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'm running 205/50r15 Falken Azenis. They are a WIDE 205. I'm very low, and with the right alignment and a small spacer out back, i do not rub on my 15x7 38mm offset Rota GT3s.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
What size is your rim, 15x?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I would stick with the 195/50. YOu do not really need to go wider for traction etc etc unless you are planning alot of modifications.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no idea I just know they are 15's..... they are icw 5 stars. I do plan on doing some heavy mods soon.... I have a built 1.5 scoupe pistons, shot peened rods, p&p head, milled out .25mm to raise the compression to 8:1 and am sourcing a turbo for it now. So wide would be good ;-) I do plan on a drop soon as I want to do all my suspension before I change the engine over. 195/50 is what I was looking at with a nice set of tires...

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I have 195/50, but would like 205/50 for auto-x. Daily driving/hard driving on my 195/50 is great (cheaper too).

·
Registered
183 Posts
195/50 here also, on 15x6.5" rims. Quite happy with them. :)

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone, 195/50 it is.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
on a lighter note, what kinda turbo are you looking for? I have a ton of 'spare' parts for my dsm if you are looking for something like a 14b w/ intercooler combo

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im hoping to find something to bolt right to my manifold. Im sure that one I would have to have the flange cut and rewelded :cry:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can try and find a pic of the flange if you want it, but I also have a dsm manifold (that needs a crack repaired) that if it fit your car I'd just give it to you to get it out of my garage.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im pretty sure that a dsm manifold wont fit. If its a dsm flange it wont fit my manifold either, it has to be a standard garett flange or the nissan style flange

1 - 15 of 15 Posts