Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... It had to have been a few months ago, possibly sometime during the summer... I think... I had been reading thru the posts on the forum, as I usually do every few days, looking for people to help or ideas to do sumtin to my elantra... Well... I had come across a post and I can't find it now.. I went back a few pages, hoping to come across it, but no luck... Maybe someone has this post saved or knows what Im talkin about... So here goes...

The was a question about top speed or HP or sumtin along those lines and someone had brought up the idea to remove a fuse thats located behind the speedo I think, that if taken out, it will allow the car to bypass the rev limiter and the top-speed restricter on the card, allowing the car to goes as fast as it possibly can... Now, knowing my car was pushing up hill going 117, I prob don't need to do this to my car, but I figure, its going to sit in my driveway until mid january when I swap over to stick, while FINALLY!!!! finishing my interior work Ive been doin since last winter, I might as well **** with some other things, such as this... If anyone has any info or anything else related to this subject, suggestions or comments... Please reply, email me or IM me and lemme kno... Im going to keep searching, but I figure Id get a reply with wat to do before I ever find the post... thx... :devious: :devious:

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
yeah, i asked...

there is a wire to a sensor thingy behind the speedo, and it goes to your ecu. ive never done it, but thats how it is. and i can only hit 114, at around 5 grand, so... if 6700 is fuel cut-off (you can pass through revlimiter, ive done it) im lookin at maybe 125-130. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
i remember reading somewhere its 132.. b/c ive been up to about 120-125 ish a few times..

·
Registered
897 Posts
I used to have teh gauge mod done. what part of nj you from? I was big time on modding my elantra out 2 years ago and used to run it at Atco Raceway, right now the car is back to stock mostly but still hast he exhaust, short throw, 1.8cam, pulley, lol

here is a pic when I had it done lol.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d108/southjersey636/238400_l.jpg

[Edited by elantrax on Dec 7, 2005 10:22 PM]

·
Registered
4 Posts
if i drive slow i cant get to 104 then it gets faster but very solw....if t drive fast(hard) i got to 125,i tryed it again and my 140 dash was stoped but the car was still going faster..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts