1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I like how people are talking crap about how it's some "POS Hyundai", they drive Toyotas. what's Toyota's sports car?

and don't even try and call the tC a sports car haha

·
Registered
502 Posts
Toyota has plans for a new supra, but how many years have they been saying that? they should be honored to even associate a tib with a tC... it and its old ass corolla engines not even a corolla S engine but basic corolla.
if they spent LESS money for a new REAL corolla they would have more power under the hood.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Props

Well, there was some sh*t talking, but that one kid knew what time it was...I am so tired of handing tCs there a*s in my RD that it isn't funny. I love my tib...I have a 91 fairlady Z, and still love my tib more than that...so its all hyundai for me!

·
Registered
502 Posts
lol I just thought they can talk so we can too.
not to mention I also thought it was "Toyota's to lame to be called a car" day.

jk Toyota has some nice CLASSICS! lol:D

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Toyota has plans for a new supra, but how many years have they been saying that? they should be honored to even associate a tib with a tC... it and its old ass corolla engines not even a corolla S engine but basic corolla.
if they spent LESS money for a new REAL corolla they would have more power under the hood.
Its a 2.4 camery motor. BTW, The corolla S uses the same 126hp 1.8 engine a normal rolla. You are thinking of that XRS that came with the 1.8 from the celica GTS that had variable lift to go along with its valve timing adjustments. That motor made 180hp, but was gutless down low. That would make the TC a true turd. The camery motor makes 20hp less, but has a hell of alot more grunt down low to pull the tc's heavy arse around.
(Edit, the new XRS has the same 2.4 as the tc, forgot the little yota changed up this year)

A good friend of mine has a 5spd TC and they are not bad cars. We are about equal in terms of 1/4 times. Auto t/cs are another story... but much like auto tiburons. We each have the same basic bolt on mods. It would be a really good sport compact IMO if its curb weight was about 500pds less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts